Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I put on the AC when I'm stopped at a stoplight, in park or going really slow the engine revs a bit for like 2 seconds then goes back to normal, and at some times it's even never stopped for like 20 seconds. It might happen with just the fan on too, but I know for sure it does it when the AC is on. Anyone know what it is? It's really bothering me because I don't like having something wrong with the car and its really hot now so I have to use the AC.

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
Does it do this every time you stop or only when the air is first turned on? If when the air is first turned on it is most likely the computer preventing the engine from stalling while it compensates for the extra load.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The engine is compensating for the added load created by the AC compressor and alternator. Nothing to worry about. If this didn't happen the additional load would start to bog the engine and perhaps stall it depending on the severity.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

·
Banned
388 Posts
I believe that to be normal depending on how high it rev's, unless it rev's to the moon at idle... Use 91 or higher octane on a complete fill up and see if it still happens I have a MT6 so I don't know if it happens for me but I also run 91 or 94

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
I've actually seen my ECO MT idle at 700 with the A/C going. Normally I would expect ~100 RPM increase in idling with the A/C in the Cruze. The Cruze has a variable output compressor that throttles back at idle.

·
10,712 Posts
WOT also shuts off the compressor. Does WOT also shut off alternator as well in these cars? I remeber in my Marauder, you had to tune the car for it to shut off because from the factory the code wasn't there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts