Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Was hoping someone here could help me start to diagnose an issue. I have a 2012 Cruze Eco. Whenever I fill the car up with gas, it takes a second longer of cranking to start, then feels different than normal. Maybe a little diminished and odd vibration. If I turn the ignition off the engine continues to run but at a very odd pace. Kind of like it’s in a limp mode or dieseling. Low rpm and it shakes the whole car. This problem only persists for a few minutes of run time, and afterwards the car runs great. Again this only happens immediately after fueling. Any suggestions or experience with this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
2015 Chevy Cruze 155k miles here. I’m having the same issue. check engine light came on a couple weeks ago, (around the time this issue started). At first it wasn’t after every fill up but now it is. The code I’m getting is P0302 misfire in cylinder 2. Will be replacing fuel injector #2 to see if that’s the issue. Some others have told me to check the spark plugs and coil pack.
I’ll update you after the injector is replaced!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'd check your purge valve since it's quick, easy and they're junk to begin with. It could possibly be causing your issue by letting in fuel vapors after fueling.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi!

Was hoping someone here could help me start to diagnose an issue. I have a 2012 Cruze Eco. Whenever I fill the car up with gas, it takes a second longer of cranking to start, then feels different than normal. Maybe a little diminished and odd vibration. If I turn the ignition off the engine continues to run but at a very odd pace. Kind of like it’s in a limp mode or dieseling. Low rpm and it shakes the whole car. This problem only persists for a few minutes of run time, and afterwards the car runs great. Again this only happens immediately after fueling. Any suggestions or experience with this?
Hi!

Hi!

Have you tried driving the vehicle as you nomally do. Instead of adding fuel let the car sit for approximately the same time as you do for a fill-up. Then drive away and see if your getting the same symptoms.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts