Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 1.4T auto w/ 128,xxx miles. Started a couple weeks ago, very slight stutter and intermittent. Now, any time I put enough load on the engine to accelerate without downshifting, it stutters badly. If I stay on the gas, the CEL will flash for a minute or so. Used the scan tool w/ torque pro and got a pending misfire on cyl 1. Accelerating from a stop is ok as long as I keep rpms up above 2500 until I get to speed. This ONLY happens when the engine is completely warmed up. Its getting very annoying trying to merge/accelerate for lane change. Any ideas what to look for? I put in new spark plugs mid-summer and has been running perfect until this. I have always ran 91 octane, unless unavailable.

·
Premium Member
7,621 Posts
I'd check the sparkplugs. The gap may be too wide. If nothing else, the condition of the plugs might give a clue.

You didn't say what kind of plugs you put in and how many miles ago that was. Some plugs have a fairly short life.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You didn't tear the spark plug boot when you replaced the plugs? Maybe coil pack going bad or not spark plug not gapped correctly. Plugs are snug? That is what I'd look at first.
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd check the sparkplugs. The gap may be too wide. If nothing else, the condition of the plugs might give a clue.

You didn't say what kind of plugs you put in and how many miles ago that was. Some plugs have a fairly short life.
I replaced them in August, less than 10,000 miles ago. Gapped @ .032, They are NGK Iridium plugs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You didn't tear the spark plug boot when you replaced the plugs? Maybe coil pack going bad or not spark plug not gapped correctly. Plugs are snug? That is what I'd look at first.
Keep us posted.
I don't think I tore the boot. It has run perfectly for almost 10k miles since then.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I had this issue a few months ago, click my profile and then my posts and you’ll find he thread (can’t attach thread on iPad for some reason) I describe my symptoms (lose to identical to yours) my fix was a new coil pack and about 30 mins of my time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
had this issue too and replaced plugs with good results that didnt last long. If symptom returns get a new coil pack from Rock Auto.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
AutumnCruzeRS
Chevrolet Cruze Forums
CruzeTalk.com forum, news, discussions and the best community for owners to discuss all things related to the Chevy Cruze.
Full Forum Listing