Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 chevy Cruz Lt 1.4L Turbo
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced engine in 12 Cruz 1.4L Turbo. Trying to find the home for this. The #'s have been zero success, Cruz book zero. Help, anyone know where its home is. TIA

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,105 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Cruze LT Auto
13 Posts
Im like 99% certain that goes on the backside of the engine between the 15mm bolt on the back of the oil pan that goes into the transmission and the top one goes underneath the 18mm head bolt for the bellhousing. It acts as a dirt shield for the flywheel i believe.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome. We'll give it a try. Thank you

·
Registered
835 Posts
Im like 99% certain that goes on the backside of the engine between the 15mm bolt on the back of the oil pan that goes into the transmission and the top one goes underneath the 18mm head bolt for the bellhousing. It acts as a dirt shield for the flywheel i believe.
correct.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, thank you for the help. I'll ask another question, should I pull the radiator, transformer and intercooler off and replace? Or is there a specific way to check them. I've been searching for video that shows how all 3 of these work together. GM had a video, but I needed code/login info. Thanks everyone

·
Registered
835 Posts
Yep, thank you for the help. I'll ask another question, should I pull the radiator, transformer and intercooler off and replace? Or is there a specific way to check them. I've been searching for video that shows how all 3 of these work together. GM had a video, but I needed code/login info. Thanks everyone
I would remove them and clean them. I remove the bumper and the top plastic guard that sits on top between the headlights. they are all connected by clips. start with removing the fan housing. removing the bumper gives you good access. should be a little tab you push in and then lift up to get it out of it's seat. there is one on each side. do the same and let that fan chill. this is how they are all connected.

or you could remove them all as 1 assembly but you would have to unclip all the wiring attached to the fan.. there's a lot.

radiator is the only thing bolted to the car. clean the radiator and intercooler. leave the condenser alone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts