Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had “ac shutting off do to high engine heat” come on look at my temp gage and it’s all the way to cold. Did a little research and what I’m finding is it could be the temp Sensor, anyone else running into this problem.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Having the same issue. Even after replacing both temp sensors 3 days ago. Sometimes the car will read a temp, sometimes it wont. Gets up to about 140-150 degrees and that's it when it does read. I suspect the thermostat is froze open and will be getting one to swap out this weekend.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Having the same issue. Even after replacing both temp sensors 3 days ago. Sometimes the car will read a temp, sometimes it wont. Gets up to about 140-150 degrees and that's it when it does read. I suspect the thermostat is froze open and will be getting one to swap out this weekend.
I'm beginning to wonder if there isnt a voltage issue as electrical problems seem to be a problem starting with the negative battery cable recall. My Cruze is still at the dealership as I go back and forth with GM customer care on this over heating coolant smell while still under warranty mess. But with the same warnings as indicated AC off due to high temp but car cold. Dealership has said nothing about any of the sensors yet just the magic leaks that occures over night. But if replacing the sensors are resulting in the same problems I would start looking elsewhere. This is why I am not big on replacing sensors. However the thermostat is all one piece. Gasket,new sensor,housing and thermostat. Cheaper on Amazon Dorman product according to a few reads and videos claim it's a better plastic stronger. I'm for better than what's breaking. Hope your able to fix your issue. Once I get my car back I'll post detail updates on what the real problem is with mine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am replacing the thermostat as soon as it comes in (Friday). Fluid levels normal with no apparent leaks. If the thermostat doesn't do it I'll take it to my local shop.

My negative battery terminal is getting a bit fuzzy. I'll clean it up when i do the thermostat as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Weather turned cold and I lived with a cold car for a while. Finally got the thermostat replaced and that fixed the issue. The original was froze up so tight that it took almost all my weight to get it to come open. Then it was froze in that position lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts