Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all, I have a 2011 Cruze ls manual transmission with 65,000 miles on it. The other day my engine stared running rough with a vibration at a stop light. Then takes off rough. Once I get to about 12rpm it seems to go away but can still feel it as im driving down the road. Could this be bad gas? Thank you for the help in advance.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,546 Posts
Sounds like you might have a dual mass flywheel problem like mine does intermittently.

If you can duplicate, and you're still covered by the 5 yr/100K powertrain warranty, take it in...it will be covered.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Morning all, I have a 2011 Cruze ls manual transmission with 65,000 miles on it. The other day my engine stared running rough with a vibration at a stop light. Then takes off rough. Once I get to about 12rpm it seems to go away but can still feel it as im driving down the road. Could this be bad gas? Thank you for the help in advance.
Hi there BPB121,

Sorry to hear about the engine concerns you're having with your Cruze. I understand you're seeking advice from other forum members, however, if you decide to take it into the dealership for a diagnosis, let me know and I'd be more than willing to help.

Have a great day!

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
6 Posts
BPB - I also have had this issue intermittently approx every month or two. I have a Canadian 2012 manual chevy cruze 1.8 with no A/C. At first it sounded/felt like a cooling fan imbalance with moderate vibration and noise, or like an AIR pump coming on with a lot of vibration. I just had it happen again today after driving to a coffee shop it lasts about a minute then goes away. I seem to recall it lasting a bit longer when i first got the car new. I will definitely report it to my dealer to document it as I am still within my 5 / 100k warranty. I am almost 4 years and approx 60,000 km. I recall visually seeing the cooling fan was not operating (and no reason for it to be as engine was not hot) and its not a California car so no AIR pump (if they still have those) so a flywheel issue seems possible however puzzling how it happens only intermittently.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
BPB - I also have had this issue intermittently approx every month or two. I have a Canadian 2012 manual chevy cruze 1.8 with no A/C. At first it sounded/felt like a cooling fan imbalance with moderate vibration and noise, or like an AIR pump coming on with a lot of vibration. I just had it happen again today after driving to a coffee shop it lasts about a minute then goes away. I seem to recall it lasting a bit longer when i first got the car new. I will definitely report it to my dealer to document it as I am still within my 5 / 100k warranty. I am almost 4 years and approx 60,000 km. I recall visually seeing the cooling fan was not operating (and no reason for it to be as engine was not hot) and its not a California car so no AIR pump (if they still have those) so a flywheel issue seems possible however puzzling how it happens only intermittently.
Hello palladin,

We're sorry to hear about these intermittent concerns you've been experiencing. If you would like any additional assistance while you work with your dealership to resolve this, please send us a private message with your VIN, full contact information, and your preferred dealership and we can connect you to our Canada Customer Care team.

Thank you!

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 8 of 8 Posts