Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I've got a 2012 Cruze Eco MT car. I have the 4 position a/c controller and have done some research on here but haven't found my answer I'm looking for yet. Like everyone else, positions 1-3 suck and position 4 is just mediocre at best. My wifes Fusion blows hard and cold. The Cruze blows cold, just not hard. Sometimes it goes into what seems like a super high speed that works great but 98% of the time it seems the blower speed needs to be faster. Is there any test that a dealership can do to see if the fan speed is correct? Voltage check while operating? Not sure. Most times I get the "it's supposed to do that" answer from dealerships so I want real answers if you all have them. Thanks in advance for your knowledge and willingness to help. If it would just blow harder, I'd be happy. It's hot in the South ya'll.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
We would just do a function test comparing your car to another like vehicle.It sounds like yours works about the same as my 2012 LT.But i am sure your local dealer can verify that for you.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Sounds like my blower.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,794 Posts
I had something sucked into the fan from the glovebox that made my air output terrible on any speed, even 4. My recirculate flap has broken before too.

Move the temperature control knob one "notch" up from the bottom, then play with the recirculate switch. Does airflow change at all?

If it's just me in the car, I close off my passengers side vents. I had to do this on my Volvo too - extremely weak blower in that car but fantastic AC compared to the Cruze.

But basically - yes. Full speed is fine in my book, but it neuters that car's engine and sounds like a tornado. Then 3 just doesn't blow enough cold air for most situations.

I and another member are looking into replacing the control unit with the 6-speed fan knob from a 2013. The settings are much better spaced out.

·
10,711 Posts
Guees I need to see what the pre 13's were like. 4 of 6 speed is loud for me in the 13 and up Cruze. I start off on 6 to cool the air but end back up on 3 to hear the radio. That on click up from super cold did work for me when suggested months ago.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have you checked your cabin air fitler? Maybe it's clogged for whatever reason and making it more difficult for the blower to draw air

Reactions: obermd

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did some more research on this. If the temp control know is on max cool,l it doesn't blow as hard. If I move the temp control one click up off of max, the air flow blows much harder. So is this a design flaw or what?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,794 Posts
I did some more research on this. If the temp control know is on max cool,l it doesn't blow as hard. If I move the temp control one click up off of max, the air flow blows much harder. So is this a design flaw or what?
Much harder? That's basically recirculate vs fresh air, and mine blows just a smidgen more air on recirculate.

I kinda wonder if yours sucked something into the fan/recirculate flap like mine did.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Much harder? That's basically recirculate vs fresh air, and mine blows just a smidgen more air on recirculate.

I kinda wonder if yours sucked something into the fan/recirculate flap like mine did.
You are exactly right. When I pulled the glove box out to replace the cabin air filter, the plastic bag that the owners manual came in was sucked up in there. To say it made a difference is an understatement. Blows like it is supposed to, problem solved. It was an eye dee ten tee error (ID10t-----IDIOT) error. Thanks for the help everyone. Life is good, and cool!!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Like many others I've seen post here, I am not a fan (no pun intended) of the 4 speed switch at all. #3 is OK, #4 is perfect but sounds like a hurricane inside.

My wife 2012 Equinox has a HUGE range, 15 speeds if I recall, and her highest setting sounds about like my Cruze's #3.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.