Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 1.8L that is throwing those error codes. I have read so many different takes on how to resolve them, but nothing seems to directly answer my questions. On some of the other threads, other posters have asked if the owner has a K&M air filter in relation to those codes, but no one ever answered that question, or explained why it matters. Well, I have a K&M air filter in mine, and I would like to get this problem resolved at home. Driving to a dealership is a long haul, and a pain in the butt. But I digress, my Cruze is ideling really hard, sometimes even dying if left in park. It's reading with the P1101, P0106, and P0171 codes, however I don't know the exact order. I have read to start with replacing just the PCV and moving on, by other people say that's pointless. So some help and direction would be most appreciated!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Put the OEM air filter back on and clear the codes. When they come back then take it in.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
There's another post on here that shows the lab testing doesn't back the advertised hype of K&N. If this is an oiled filter, it might be causing problems. If you've changed the intake, it may disrupt the air flow around the sensors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts