Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
One or more of the sensors the car uses to manage the stability control systems has failed. Since your ABS light isn't on it's most likely not one of these sensors.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
The Stability Control System uses multiple inputs to keep the car from sliding or rolling. Among them are ABS sensors in each wheel, body roll sensors embedded on both sides of the car, sensors in the steering system to determine the angle of steer, forward and side to side acceleration/deceleration sensors to determine throttle/braking actions. I don't think the issue is with the ABS sensors because they would also throw an ABS warning light. Basically the ESP system needs to know everything about how the car is performing to assist in maintaining vehicle control.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
You should be ok driving the car for a couple of weeks as long as you don't push it. I would have to take it in to my dealership. Maybe someone else here can assist in troubleshooting. Also, although I suspect a sensor it could be the computer system or some other component involved in the ESP system.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Thank you for your concern Kristen..

I'll be visiting the dealership next week and see what the problem is, i'll post here the result when i'm done.

Btw i'm in Egypt so i'm not really sure if you cover this area :D Thanks though
Unfortunately GM Social Media only covers the US. GM really, really needs to expand this to every country they have dealerships.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts