Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be possible to install the euro headlight switch to pin in fog lights for the top button on the switch and pin in a light bar for the bottom button on the switch? Has anyone done this and be able to tell me the pin location for each?

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
The switch plugs in there's no pinning required however it won't function unless you were to be able to program your BCM accept the rear fog lamp input and to activate the rear fog lamp controls, and then you could wire in your light bar relay to the body control module.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,315 Posts
Would it be possible to install the euro headlight switch to pin in fog lights for the top button on the switch and pin in a light bar for the bottom button on the switch? Has anyone done this and be able to tell me the pin location for each?
I have this installed in my 2014 LT. The front fog lights dash light toggles, so that will work. I actually have a rear laser fog light installed and hoped to use the rear switch to operate it, but like you, cannot figure out how to do it. Somewhere on the forum, there is a thread that shows how someone brute forced it to work, but I have been looking on and off all day for it. I cannot find it.

For others looking, these two links will help in installing the fronts:

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
The issue is that the rear fog lamp switch and the fog lamp switch are the same switch, it's just a different voltage signal to the BCM based on what half of switch is pressed. That voltage signal then is utilized by the BCM to either activate an output to control the front fog relay or the rest fog relay. North American cars don't have the circuits from the BCM to the relay center, nor do they have the circuits in the fuse block to support the rear fog relay as far as I recall. Programming the BCM to properly acknowledge and then act on the signal it would receive from the euro switch is the "hard" part.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, it's definitely some work. The switch isn't a "switch" like most people think.
Ok follow up question. If I had a non fog light Cruze and bought an aftermarket fog light kit and pinned it to the fog light fuse and pulled a junkyard Cruze headlight switch with fog light functionality. I could just plug that junkyard switch into mine without reprogramming the BCM right?

·
The Nuclear Option
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
5,157 Posts
Ok follow up question. If I had a non fog light Cruze and bought an aftermarket fog light kit and pinned it to the fog light fuse and pulled a junkyard Cruze headlight switch with fog light functionality. I could just plug that junkyard switch into mine without reprogramming the BCM right?
"IF" ? Is that a hypothetically "if," or a your car doesn't have fog lights like the one in your Avatar?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"IF" ? Is that a hypothetically "if," or a your car doesn't have fog lights like the one in your Avatar?
My 2011 Cruze does not have fog lights, but I watched this YouTube video showing a guy pinning a fog light kit to the correct location on the fuse box essentially making the cabin headlight switch plug n play with the fog light functionality. I assume this would be the same with an aftermarket fog light kit as long as you can pin it to the correct fog light location on the fuse box.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Yes this would work. My 2014 the BCM worked without requiring programming for the add on fog lights. I used an aftermarket fog light kit with the OEM switch. Just need to find out which pin to connect to in the underhood fuse/relay box.

Reactions: Loljunk_

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
It's not a straight forward answer. GM changed the BCM programming levels and harnesses on cars from year to year some cars have the programming for front fog lights and just need a switch and underhood wiring. Others require programming. If you get a GM fog light switch, and plug it in to your car, then press the fog lamp button and it turns on the fog indicator on dash and activates your parking lights your good to go. If when you plug in a fog equipped headlamp switch nothing happens your best bet is gonna be to go full aftermarket.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.