Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i want the basic membership which is free. I called Onstar through the car, and it tells me that if I want to speak in English, I need to say "English" (I'm in Canada) . I dutifully say "English" at which point the robot says, "Your call has ended, Goodbye."

I do this several times.

I call with my cell phone. Talk to a live person, who tells me to call from my car. Groan.

I shall try again.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
I was a professional communicator for a living and now the only device that understands me is my Chevy Phone. Onstar has exceptionally good customer service, XM has terrible customer service

·
Super Moderator
7,813 Posts
FWIW The OnStar operators who are dedicated to taking calls in French are also conversant in English.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Take it back to your dealership and have them try. This way if there is an issue OnStar can't simply tell you to call from the car, which you can't currently do. Better yet, dump OnStar and just use your cell phone.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I was paying for it, I would dump them. But I am supposed to get five months of a trial premium membership. And 3 Gigs of free wifi from the hotspot in the car. So I now have an account. But the customer assistant I was talking to on my onstar device had to turn to his manual and put me on hold every time I asked him a question. :) I finally ran out of time and had to excuse myself without getting the job done (getting me a password for the hotspot.). the previous owner's name is still associated with the hotspot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts