Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. I am legitimately at a loss for this one.

I have a 2017 chevy cruze 1.4 turbo automatic transmission. 114k on the clock

It has the MIL illuminated.
Only occasionally does it have any actual performance issues.
Slightly rough idle
Long start
Lacking power on take off
Seemingly in limp mode without flashing MIL Lamp

All intermittent and nothing honestly severe. But combined definitely annoying and not trust worthy.

Also it will not enter stop start economy mode no matter what. But that is because there is a MIL on from what I understand.

Here are the codes it is throwing:

Confirmed:
P1101 (induction air measurement cross check out of range)
P0014 ("B" camshaft position over advanced or system performance bank 1)
P0017 (crankshaft position camshaft position correlation bank 1 sensor b)

Pending:

P0097 intake air temp
P00F4 humidity sensor
P0113 intake air temp
P121A undefined
P121B undefined
P2227 Barometric pressure sensor
P2229 Barometric pressure sensor

I have performed an oil change using the correct gravity of oil.
I have replaced to exhaust camshaft VSS and cleaned the intakes. I have replaced the exhaust camshaft position sensor, and the crank position sensor as well for good measure. I also replaced the MAF because it is also occasionally throwing codes for that as well.

None of these changes have fixed anything. I usually consider myself a pretty astute mechanic, and I don't usually resort to parts cannoning anything but I am having a hard time with this one.

The only things I have come across online that are close are cracked pistons and stretched timing chain.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,981 Posts
Okay. I am legitimately at a loss for this one.

I have a 2017 chevy cruze 1.4 turbo automatic transmission. 114k on the clock

It has the MIL illuminated.
Only occasionally does it have any actual performance issues.
Slightly rough idle
Long start
Lacking power on take off
Seemingly in limp mode without flashing MIL Lamp

All intermittent and nothing honestly severe. But combined definitely annoying and not trust worthy.

Also it will not enter stop start economy mode no matter what. But that is because there is a MIL on from what I understand.

Here are the codes it is throwing:

Confirmed:
P1101 (induction air measurement cross check out of range)
P0014 ("B" camshaft position over advanced or system performance bank 1)
P0017 (crankshaft position camshaft position correlation bank 1 sensor b)

Pending:

P0097 intake air temp
P00F4 humidity sensor
P0113 intake air temp
P121A undefined
P121B undefined
P2227 Barometric pressure sensor
P2229 Barometric pressure sensor

I have performed an oil change using the correct gravity of oil.
I have replaced to exhaust camshaft VSS and cleaned the intakes. I have replaced the exhaust camshaft position sensor, and the crank position sensor as well for good measure. I also replaced the MAF because it is also occasionally throwing codes for that as well.

None of these changes have fixed anything. I usually consider myself a pretty astute mechanic, and I don't usually resort to parts cannoning anything but I am having a hard time with this one.

The only things I have come across online that are close are cracked pistons and stretched timing chain.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Just looking at what you wrote, I would clean the MAF (using MAF cleaner)t, verify the MAP sensor is ok,

P121A code possible causes
Chevrolet DTC P121B
Make:Chevrolet
Code:p121B
Definition:Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Supply Voltage Control Circuit Low
Description:p121B Vehicle ON and the engine is not running. The DTC runs continuously when the above conditions are met for greater than 1 s.
Cause:The ECM detects the commanded and actual states of the MAF control circuit do not match for greater than 4 s.
Read more @ P121B - Chevrolet Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Definition, Causes and Diagnosis

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just looking at what you wrote, I would clean the MAF (using MAF cleaner)t, verify the MAP sensor is ok,

P121A code possible causes
Chevrolet DTC P121B
Make:Chevrolet
Code:p121B
Definition:Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Supply Voltage Control Circuit Low
Description:p121B Vehicle ON and the engine is not running. The DTC runs continuously when the above conditions are met for greater than 1 s.
Cause:The ECM detects the commanded and actual states of the MAF control circuit do not match for greater than 4 s.
Read more @ P121B - Chevrolet Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Definition, Causes and Diagnosis

Thank you so much for the reply,
I have replaced the MAF already, although I can always try cleaning it as well. I cleaned the MAP sensor as well. It was a little gucky, but nothing so bad it looked like it could impede its performance. Although from what I have read these have two MAP sensors?

Thanks

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,981 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know zilch about this, but here is a picture of one along with the part number:
and this is a Chevy TSB, but not for the Cruze.
I think I may have resolved the ambient temp and humidity ones. Because it looks like the intake pipe coming from the intercooler wasn't completely attached. But I am still getting those three main ones.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,461 Posts
The vacuum pump on the drivers side of the camshaft may be failing or a tensioner/guide is allowing slop in the chain.

I'd take it to a mechanic to diagnose further from here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts