Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Exhaust Fluid Quality Poor: caution on DIC Count Down is on.
I only have 25000 miles or 40000 kms on the car, I have had this a couple times it always cleared this time it didnt. I went to the dealer, def was good passed quality test no codes posted, no engine light either only the DIC message. The dealer did a manual regen and cleared the DIC message, I have had at least 5 of these so far after work done at the dealer.
Could it be the Def pump getting weak? Any ideas?
If anyone has a good breakdown of the system I would love to see so I can take a look at it this weekend.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Exhaust Fluid Quality Poor: caution on DIC Count Down is on.
I only have 25000 miles or 40000 kms on the car, I have had this a couple times it always cleared this time it didnt. I went to the dealer, def was good passed quality test no codes posted, no engine light either only the DIC message. The dealer did a manual regen and cleared the DIC message, I have had at least 5 of these so far after work done at the dealer.
Could it be the Def pump getting weak? Any ideas?
If anyone has a good breakdown of the system I would love to see so I can take a look at it this weekend.
Not sure how the system works for sure, but it could be a DEF pump, DEF injector, or #2 NOx Sensor problem. These can also result in a DEF poor message aside from the DEF being poor, but you have stated that it is good.

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/201-gen1-diesel-technical-discussion/130010-diesel-emissions-sensor-number-location.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts