Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a specific torque I need to set the exhaust manifold studs/nuts to? Also, is there any trick to getting a socket on that far left lower nut? 1/8 a turn at a time will take me all day.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
1/4" drive swivel socket?
That's the only way to go for tight stuff like glow plugs on a Mercedes OM606.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,880 Posts
The Chilton manual says 15 lb-ft for the manifold-to-head nuts. 16 lb-ft for the manifold to "downpipe" nuts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2016 chevy cruze 1.4 eco limited........... Pleeeeeease someone help i have taken this thing apart and put it together 3 times. Bought 2 sets of new nuts and also I bought the studs. 2 gaskets the haynes book online, even bought a new torque wrench!!! Every time I put it back together it sounds like it's all sleep coming from where the Turbo needs the head (exhaust manifold meets the head.) Cant get it to seal used proper torque and everythkng looks good but when i start it it sounds so bad.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,601 Posts
2016 chevy cruze 1.4 eco limited........... Pleeeeeease someone help i have taken this thing apart and put it together 3 times. Bought 2 sets of new nuts and also I bought the studs. 2 gaskets the haynes book online, even bought a new torque wrench!!! Every time I put it back together it sounds like it's all sleep coming from where the Turbo needs the head (exhaust manifold meets the head.) Cant get it to seal used proper torque and everythkng looks good but when i start it it sounds so bad.
You putting the metal gasket on the right side of the manifold?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes sir I believe so it goes on after the gasket correct gasket first then the metal then the manifold

1 - 6 of 6 Posts