Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started getting fumes (exhaust or crankcase blow-by) in the cabin through the ventilation vents of my 2012 2LT auto (about 32k miles). I notice the fumes after the car has warmed up and the car is stationary. No odor if I switch to recirculate, and no odor when the car is moving. Plan to schedule a trip to the dealer, but I would like to have some idea of the cause before I go. Any ideas?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Probably a bad valve cover. The PCV valve goes bad and all sorts of weird stuff happens. If you didn't have catalytic converters (like I do) you'd see smoke pouring out of the exhaust if you got on the throttle any.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Just started getting fumes (exhaust or crankcase blow-by) in the cabin through the ventilation vents of my 2012 2LT auto (about 32k miles). I notice the fumes after the car has warmed up and the car is stationary. No odor if I switch to recirculate, and no odor when the car is moving. Plan to schedule a trip to the dealer, but I would like to have some idea of the cause before I go. Any ideas?
Hi Back2Chevy,

I apologize for the recent concerns with your Cruze, and if you need any extra assistance, feel free to send me a private message. I would be happy to look into this more, and get in touch with the dealership on your behalf if needed. Looking forward to your updates!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Possible Solution -- Dealer could not find anything (to be fair, they did a thorough inspection, and the problem was not occurring while they had the car.) However, after living with the odor for sometime, I think I found the problem. I snugged up the spark plugs and no more exhaust odor in the cabin.

·
Premium Member
24,131 Posts
Were you having any other symptoms that led you to the spark plugs?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.