Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Exhaust on a 2012 Chevy Cruze LS?

652 Views 9 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  JLL
Looking for suggestions on an exhaust to run on on my 2012 Chevy Cruze LS
Right now I’m running a 3inch catback exhuast with double back exits
Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Automotive parking light
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· The Nuclear Option
5,873 Posts
Looking for suggestions on an exhaust to run on on my 2012 Chevy Cruze LS
Right now I’m running a 3inch catback exhuast with double back exits View attachment 300387
Do you have a turbo on that engine? A 3" exhaust is HUGE for a naturally aspirated 1.8L.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No turbo . What I’m running is a 3 inch pipe from the second cat back to where the rear wheels are . And a 2.5 inch pipe over the frame and out the back on both sides . I didn’t get a check engine or any loss of back force . & it sounds pretty darn good . I’m just looking to see if anybody is running any actual exhausts that sound gnarly lol

· The Nuclear Option
5,873 Posts
No turbo . What I’m running is a 3 inch pipe from the second cat back to where the rear wheels are . And a 2.5 inch pipe over the frame and out the back on both sides . I didn’t get a check engine or any loss of back force . & it sounds pretty darn good . I’m just looking to see if anybody is running any actual exhausts that sound gnarly lol
Gotcha. That makes sense as to why you didn't loose any torque you had. I actually have a Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust that sounded good before I did all the engine modifications.

I'll PM you pictures if you'd like. It's just a single exhaust.

· Registered
2nd 2012 1.8l mt 147000km
550 Posts
back pressure, probably what my 1.8l is lacking... I have an exhaust leak after the second cat. makes the idle a little rough.

· The Nuclear Option
5,873 Posts
I don’t think I lost any back pressure, if anything I gained some
The stock exhaust is 2.25". If you go any bigger than that you back pressure decreases. Loosing some back pressure is ok, but if you loose too much you'll loose the scavenging effect on a naturally aspirated engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts