Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for exhaust options for the 1.4 as of now I'm looking for the best bang for the buck what would be the smartest thing to Change right now?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Best bang for the buck is delete the rear muffler. Gives it a nice sound not too much louder then stock. Shouldnt cost much at your local muffler shop either.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I agree, just chop off that muffler.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Best bang for the buck is delete the rear muffler. Gives it a nice sound not too much louder then stock. Shouldnt cost much at your local muffler shop either.
I'm doing the 2 foot long resonator on the middle of the car first my buddy is gonna do it for free to cut and weld a straight pipe hopefully it makes a difference, it's getting done wensday morning

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am getting a borla exhaust for mine should be here in two weeks I will post a video of it when I get it and put it on so you can hear what it sounds like.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am getting a borla exhaust for mine should be here in two weeks I will post a video of it when I get it and put it on so you can hear what it sounds like.
Yea that would be awesome as of right now we're just doing this to open the sound of the turbo my wife and wants it louder sooner or later I'll be putting a downpipe and mid pipe on it

·
Registered
332 Posts
I had the muffler and resonator removed the first time around, it was louder than stock but nothing crazy. It was around $100 for both. Most shops only cost roughly $50 for just a muffler delete. I bought the catless DP and MP next and it made the car way louder, the spool was insanely and awesomely loud, but the rasp was unbearable without a resonator or muffler of some kind. So, I bought the Borla cat-back, which is a mid muffler setup, and it removed the rasp completely. It quieted the car down a lot until it broke in and then it was loud again. The Borla is now half the cost now of when I bought it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts