Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found any good looking exhaust tips? I want to throw one on my eco as just an easy way to improve the look of the rear end but all of the decent ones I have found are all straight and our exhaust takes a decent turn down at the end.

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
jeeze, this is exactly what I want to do... I tried my hand at vinyl and it came out terrible... I've contacted a few local shops with no luck

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking about something similar with the diffuser. Where do you get your vinyl? I was hoping to find some at a local shop but haven't had any luck yet. I still need to do both of my emblems. Since it's getting colder out I was thinking I might have to wait until spring to do any vinyl work. Also what did you put on your chrome piece on the back? Is that Nightshade or is it similar to lens tint film? I want to add some contrast to my white eco.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I got my vinyl off eBay; I just searched for "black vinyl wrap". This is the one I got:

Black Matt Vehicle Wrap Vinyl 0.5m x 1.5m AirFree | eBay

The bottom of the diffuser is wider, so you really need to stretch the vinyl over the bottom first as much as you can, and then try to lay out the top smoothly. Took quite a bit of time and several attempts. Fortunately, the vinyl can be easily taken out and re-applied without affecting the material.

The main mistakes I made were: cutting the material too early, and realising later that the shape didn't work that well when I needed to re-apply it by stretching at the bottom first (I first applied it from the top down); also, trimming the vinyl at the edge of the diffuser around the top using a penknife didn't come out very straight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts