Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2014 Cruze Diesel, 200k miles, PPEI Tuned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanting some input, any tuned guys running a 3” pipe? Thinking of changing up my exhaust from after the downpipe/flex pipe back to a 3” inch all the way out. Any of you all done this, If so any noticeable changes in anything besides sound?

· Premium Member
14 Diesel Cruze, ‘14 volt, ‘72 442
477 Posts
I have the same setup that you current do. If you go straight pipe (SCR delete) I don’t think there will be any added benefit with 3”. CAI with 2.5 is plenty. Better off removing the intake manifold and cleaning up all the gunk to improve flow

· Registered
2014 Cruze Diesel, 200k miles, PPEI Tuned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My scr fell off long ago, guess I’ll keep as is then lol. I do have a k&n cai, but whenever my ole lady has to use the car she isn’t a fan of the sound so I just removed, and popped in a drop in to the original air box. I am gonna put the intake cleaning on my to do list though. Thanks

· Premium Member
14 Diesel Cruze, ‘14 volt, ‘72 442
477 Posts
My scr fell off long ago, guess I’ll keep as is then lol. I do have a k&n cai, but whenever my ole lady has to use the car she isn’t a fan of the sound so I just removed, and popped in a drop in to the original air box. I am gonna put the intake cleaning on my to do list though. Thanks
It’s a project, when you go to do it and have questions, let me know

· Premium Member
403 Posts
what didn’t u like about running 3”?
3” start right after the downpipe?
It starts right after the downpipe. Main reason is the sound. If you really take off it cracks a little bit which my gues is would probably go way with a 2.5 inch. Also it does hit underneath but that could be due to the fact I'm lowered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.