Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week I got my oil changed at the dealership that I work at and my grand total for an oil change with Mobil 1 full syn and a tire rotation was $109.86 with my discount for working here it brought it down to $99.96 Has anyone had this exact same service done and what did it cost you??

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
Seems reasonable to me. I just had my 15.000km service on a Diesel Cruze and it cost $A325.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Current deal at my dealer is $29.95 for a standard oil change (semi-synthetic dexos)+rotation or $69.95 for full synthetic+rotation...both have $10 mail-in rebate to get that price, but I know the $39.95 for standard oil+rotation is their normal deal if you grab a coupon from their website.

You'd probably do better to pay for a standard oil change and bring them your own bottle of Mobil 1 (typically ~$35 or less at Autozone, etc).

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
It cost me about $60 bucks to do an oil change I use Mobil One Extended Performance tho and I get a discount threw the local parts store I nevet go to dealership for an oil change I also do my own oils changes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
$45 for a mobil 1 oil change at my dealer, $30 for the dexos blend. There is no set rate for every car at my dealer, there is a labor rate and you are charged for how much oil you use and the filter.

One can buy Mobil 1 Extended performance 5 quart jug at walmart for $27 and AC filters are $6 a piece on rockauto.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One thing that cracks me up is on the invoice they charged me for 5qts of oil, it only holds 4.25 and I watched them pour the .25 in from the 5th bottle.. (Let me remind you that I work at the dealership) I asked the tech if I could have what was leftover from that 5th qt he said no, then I asked the service manager and he said no also.. That it was a liability if they were to give me the rest of that oil. Well **** I paid for it why cant I have what I paid for?? Just blows me away... :question:

Reactions: spacedout

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bet if you looked into it more, you'd find that all those partially full oil containers were leaving the building in someone's lunch box.

How about telling them that refusing to hand over the rest of the oil would be a liability... :)
Not giving you what you pay for... EXACTLY why I do 95% of any vehicle related work myself!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
223 Posts
Pennzoil Ultra $24 at walmart and my buddy is a store manage at a Goodyear store gives me a discount after tax and such ~$15 so only about $40. Im going to do the manual tranny fluid now to see if the grinds go away. On my g35 coupe he charged me ~$22 to drain and fill the tranny fluid and rear diff. I cant believe they charged that much. I just got a coupon in the mail from the dealer for dexos oil $29.99 if you schedule online its $19.99 and $10 more to rotate.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
I just get it done at the local dealer, $39 with a tire rotation for the regular syn blend. I dont wanna run the full syn, this thing will leaking from every seal by the time I get to $50K.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts