Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had brought in my car to get the cable replaced in the rear passenger side door and while I was there I figured I would grab a filter since I was going to change the oil over the weekend. So I head over to the parts counter and he hands me the filter and says it's $7.44. I give him my card and he runs it through and he mentions on how the new credit card system is so complicated and slow. He hands me the invoice for the part which was correct and he staples the card receipt to the invoice. I leave and meet my wife for lunch.

While were at lunch, my wife says...What the **** did you buy at the dealership? There is a charge on here for $744.00 (My wife is an online banking Nazi - we were a victim of identity theft a couple of years ago). So I called the dealership and talked to the parts guy who had rung me up and he looked at the purchase and the decimal point was never entered into the system. He backed out the charge and took care of everything in about 5 min and he actually reversed the whole charge and gave me the filter for free.....Bonus!!! LOL

Rule of thumb, always check your P.O.S receipts when at a merchant.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
Not only receipts, I was in hospital and was in a room with 3 other guys one of whom was there because a doctor who wrote a script left out a dot and turned a 5.0mg script into a 50mg script of blood thinners and nearly killed him. Chemist didn't pick it up either although nobody ever gets a dose that high.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Wow I am glad that he refunded you right away and that it was not a long drawn out process. I am so sorry that you had to deal with that in the first place but glad that your wife noticed it. Remember that you can always send me a message if you ever need dealership assistance.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been overcharged before but nothing ever like that! I take it you went back to the dealer and told them about the screw up and hopefully they took care of it. I would think they would even let you have the filter for free!
I guess you didn't read the whole post. :)

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow I am glad that he refunded you right away and that it was not a long drawn out process. I am so sorry that you had to deal with that in the first place but glad that your wife noticed it. Remember that you can always send me a message if you ever need dealership assistance.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks Jackie. Honestly, it was a simple screw up. I'm just as much to blame as the dealer. I'm just glad my wife caught it early enough in the day to have the dealer void the charge and still have it hit our bank account in time. Our biggest worry that it wasn't going to be corrected before close of business on Friday and be without the funds over the weekend.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Mistakes happen. How they're dealt with defines the character of the person or organization in error. I'd purchase anything for my Cruze from your dealership's parts department - not only did they correct the mistake with no hassle but the compensated you for having to come back to correct it by giving you the filter.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I am a banking nazi too. I will check my bank account multiple times per day. I am beginning to not trust the banks. One time when I was stationed in CA my wife and I had $900 stolen out of my account. That was 4 years ago. Thursday I checked my bank account before I left work and everything was fine. I got to school a few hours later and there was $1500 stolen out of my account. If it was a mistake in a decimal point I would understand, but it definitely was not. I am beginning to not trust banks. I know that this is completely off topic of this post. I called my bank and they were like oh we have to investigate this and its going to take 10 days to get your money back to you. At lease they left my bank account in the green. Still very frustrating.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
I am a banking nazi too. I will check my bank account multiple times per day. I am beginning to not trust the banks. One time when I was stationed in CA my wife and I had $900 stolen out of my account. That was 4 years ago. Thursday I checked my bank account before I left work and everything was fine. I got to school a few hours later and there was $1500 stolen out of my account. If it was a mistake in a decimal point I would understand, but it definitely was not. I am beginning to not trust banks. I know that this is completely off topic of this post. I called my bank and they were like oh we have to investigate this and its going to take 10 days to get your money back to you. At lease they left my bank account in the green. Still very frustrating.
If you have a debit card associated with your account - close the card immediately and have your bank reissue the card. Don't wait for them to come to this conclusion.

·
Registered
251 Posts
If you have a debit card associated with your account - close the card immediately and have your bank reissue the card. Don't wait for them to come to this conclusion.

The card has been closed. Took care of that on Thursday as soon as I saw the charge. My wife wasn't very happy because it was her card that got shut off, but I had no choice. I am about the say screw the banks and bury my cash in a mason jar in the back yard.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
The card has been closed. Took care of that on Thursday as soon as I saw the charge. My wife wasn't very happy because it was her card that got shut off, but I had no choice. I am about the say screw the banks and bury my cash in a mason jar in the back yard.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I live in a small town and deal with a small town bank. Over the past 30 yrs I've had an account there I have made a mistake in my records several times and overdrew my account. I received a personal call from the bank wondering if a mistake had been made and if I had some money to put in they would waive the overdraft fee. Now thats service!

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
I live in a small town and deal with a small town bank. Over the past 30 yrs I've had an account there I have made a mistake in my records several times and overdrew my account. I received a personal call from the bank wondering if a mistake had been made and if I had some money to put in they would waive the overdraft fee. Now thats service!
I grew up in a country town and that sort of thing is normal because your bank manager knows you personally. Try the same thing in a city bank and you have a better chance of winning a lottery.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Received my first credit card in 1964, with most, you have to sign the ticket when making a purchase, but with most self service gas stations, just get the receipt or if an under, 5-25 buck purchase. Been checking my receipts ever since then. Really unnecessary advice to those conscious of their spending habits.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
No problem. I am really glad that it didn't become a long drawn out thing too. I hope you guys had a great weekend and enjoy the little of it that's left!

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 14 of 14 Posts