Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hired mechanic through yourmechanic.com to replace driver's side power window regulator. After he replaced it, express up is not working. Window tries to go up then immediately goes back to where it was. Goes back and forth between 1/4 and 1/3 up. He tried to program it by holding the switch in the up position for 4 seconds with the window at the top. Was that long enough? yourmechanic.com's own guide says 10 seconds:

Would try 10 seconds myself followed by testing it, but if I'm wrong it's impossible to get the window to go back up without removing the inside panel and then disconnecting and reconnecting the regulator. Was told I would get a call and visit from this guy's manager, but it's almost sundown and nothing so far.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I know when I unplug the negative battery cable to work on the car, my window asks to put it down then back up; I assume to relearn. Did you try that?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Would try 10 seconds myself followed by testing it, but if I'm wrong it's impossible to get the window to go back up without removing the inside panel and then disconnecting and reconnecting the regulator.
From a system design perspective, I would expect the mechanical switch to over-ride the auto-logic. That is, if the window controller sees the button pressed, it should power the window in that direction regardless of what the other circuitry is saying.

In general use, that may mean that the motor, if already at its travel limit, sees a high current stall condition until the button is released. But so be it. Like 737MAX pilots, I believe the pilot should trump the computer, right ?

Doug

1 - 3 of 3 Posts