Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend has a 2012 Cruze 1.4 turbo LTZ. Out of nowhere it over heated on her way over to my house. It was dry out of coolant. So I put coolant in it and 5 minutes of driving the it was out of coolant again. And the temp gauge didn't slowly climb. It was reading regular and then pinged right to the max.i noticed it was leaking coolant out the bottom of the car so I did a water pump and thermostat. I filled it with coolant and test drove it and same thing happened. So I notice now on the passenger side of the motor there's coolant sitting on the top of the transmission. Also the fan isn't working now. Gonna test the fan to see if it's a sensor or the fan. And Not sure if it's a hose leak or head gasket. Gonna put a coolant pressure tester on the motor and look for leaks in any hoses. Any advice? Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Her powertrain warranty is still in effect.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
I like this guy . He knows what the word IT is ...

The water pump is warranted far beyond 69.000 miles . With fingers crossed your warranted for IT ....

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
And the temp gauge didn't slowly climb. It was reading regular and then pinged right to the max.
Don't put too much faith in that temp gauge. It's really a computer readout. As long as the engine is within normal operating temperature, it will sit on the same tick mark. It's somewhere between a real gauge and a idiot light.

These cars are a real pain to purge the air out of. But that fluid on the passenger side worries me. As far as common leaks, it's water pump, water outlet (near the oil filter) and the hose at the top of the water outlet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She bought it(the car) pre owned with 30,000 on it( the odometer). I already replaced it( the thermostat and water pump). And luckily I found it( the problem). It was it( the water outlet) which also comes with a sensor which took care of it( the fan)

it:th_salute::grin:

·
Registered
543 Posts
I hope you didn't pay for these repairs, outlet is covered for 100k, pump for 150k
Unless your car has a rebuilt title. If you ask GM customer care, they won't give a straight answer. "It may not be covered", which is corporate double speak for we won't cover it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.