Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just walked out to my car last night and noticed a puddle of coolant under it. I lifted the hood and noticed the reservoir was about empty and the little plastic T up by the oil fill cap was leaking. I didn't have time to deal with it so I am still driving it as of now. I have not gotten a low coolant message yet. There is an open recall on my car about a coolant sensor. What do I have to replace? Is it easy or hard? The car has 82K miles now.

Auto part Vehicle Engine Fuel line Car

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
There is no low coolant message in the Cruze. The joint you circled has been redesigned and has new connections. I'd get the recall done and then replace the connector and hoses leading to it.

·
2,170 Posts
PLEASE at least stop by a local truck stop or auto parts store and pick up a 50/50 dexcool (orange coolant) mix and top off the surge tank asap while you're driving it before fixing it. Don't let your car overheat or you might cause a ton of expensive damage! :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got a part number on the new connector? I would have to replace the hoses too?

·
Registered
145 Posts
13251447 is the P/N for the hose. You might check if it's the same P/N currently fitted on your vehicle. If not, from what I gathered, the water outlet (what it fits onto), the hose, and coolant recovery tank all have revised P/Ns. I am not 100% certain that a newer P/N hose will fit correctly in the older P/N water outlet is what I'm getting at. I just replaced all three parts when my water outlet was leaking because they're cheap parts, and coolant leaks suck. If that hose breaks, you'll have total coolant loss, engine overheat, and a generally not good driving experience.

25193922 - water outlet
13251447 - recovery tank hose
13465094 - recovery tank

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks, are all these part numbers the revised part numbers? so there is no plastic part or valve that failed? Its just that hose on top?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I believe there have been failures of both the plastic water outlet and the connector for the hose on top. I'd change them both. As others have said, there is no "low coolant warning". And these engines will not tolerate overheating. You'll be up for major engine work with warped heads. If the overheat light comes on, treat it like a out of oil message - pull over immediately and call a tow truck.

Frankly, I think you're taking your chances with this. It could fail catastrophically at any time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm ready to fix it I just want to make sure these are the revised parts. Don't want to be doing this again, don't care about the money.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm ready to fix it I just want to make sure these are the revised parts. Don't want to be doing this again, don't care about the money.
Sorry for the long delay. All I can say for sure is that the P/N's I listed are different than what was originally on my 11' model. From what I gathered, the water outlet and hose to the recovery tank were revised (probably due to issues with the hose fitting becoming soft / breaking), and the recovery tank was also revised with metal reinforcement on the hose barbs.

I replaced all three parts, which was good because the water outlet was leaking, the hose broke when I removed it, and the barbs on the tank were also feeling too flexible, plus I the tank was too clouded to see the fill line arrow. Haven't leaked, lost, or smelled a drop of coolant in like 5K miles now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just walked out to my car last night and noticed a puddle of coolant under it. I lifted the hood and noticed the reservoir was about empty and the little plastic T up by the oil fill cap was leaking. I didn't have time to deal with it so I am still driving it as of now. I have not gotten a low coolant message yet. There is an open recall on my car about a coolant sensor. What do I have to replace? Is it easy or hard? The car has 82K miles now.

View attachment 192634
Water pump outlet

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,629 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
also another weak spot is the heater hose my 1.4 has a crack in the plastic y piece so after you fix the junction just be mindful of the heater hose if you still have problems. as a side note i think the same part your having issues with might be failing on mine, i see a calcium trail on the side of that plastic junction

1 - 13 of 13 Posts