Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know the car is cold and has to warm up, some lag is to be expected and no transmission lock, but here's the thing...

Never had a problem until it started to warm up outside. Now if the car has been sitting overnight when I first leave to work the few few miles are horrible. It almost feels like a misfire, the car starts bucking and the transmission can't decide what gear to go into. Especially noticeable when going 25-35 or so.

I keep hoping it will throw a code so I don't have to give them my car overnight.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this.

I just flipped over 18k miles this week.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I put just under 1k miles on my CTD since delivery the last week of April and it has done the same since I drove it off the lot. If it's the same as you're experiencing, the transmission, or possibly the injectors, feel like it/they shifts/kick in when you're feathering the throttle in a low speed zone (like you stated, 25-35 mph) causing a slight jolting from the powertrain that occurs repetitively until you speed up. This is probably one of the most noticeable quirks I've discovered the past couple of weeks getting acquainted with my CTD!

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I've never had anything quite like this, but when my car was younger it did occasionally shift somewhat harshly, especially downshifts, but that all has smoothed out with time. It was never really dramatic though like what you describe.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
No problems with mine. I'd get it checked out

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've noticed this as well. But mine is more down low at 5-15 mph when I am barley touching the throttle. But I just hit 1k miles on mine.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I put just under 1k miles on my CTD since delivery the last week of April and it has done the same since I drove it off the lot. If it's the same as you're experiencing, the transmission, or possibly the injectors, feel like it/they shifts/kick in when you're feathering the throttle in a low speed zone (like you stated, 25-35 mph) causing a slight jolting from the powertrain that occurs repetitively until you speed up. This is probably one of the most noticeable quirks I've discovered the past couple of weeks getting acquainted with my CTD!
like diesel said it gets better with use, mine at first was like that.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
mine had the same issue....ever since i had my water pump replaced the car feels much better, i was kinda shocked actually lol. get a tune.....you wont be disappointed i promise

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
mine had the same issue....ever since i had my water pump replaced the car feels much better, i was kinda shocked actually lol. get a tune.....you wont be disappointed i promise
You have a diesel?

Reactions: Tomko

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
He doesn't, but I'll 2nd the tune statement :lol:

Never noticed this behavior in mine. I almost feel like it's user error...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've notice this with my Cruze, but only if I try to start and go immediately in cold weather. Let it warm up for a minute - its a diesel and they want to be warm/hot.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've notice this with my Cruze, but only if I try to start and go immediately in cold weather. Let it warm up for a minute - its a diesel and they want to be warm/hot.
Have only been experiencing this since its been warm outside.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Have only been experiencing this since its been warm outside.
Hey MilTownSHO,

Please let me know if you need any additional assistance with this concern. I would be happy to look into this further for you, and get in touch with the dealership.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
Just experienced this today. Engine and transmission warm. Driving in stop and go traffic. AC on. Very light acceleration applied. Speed about 20 mph. Jerked five times about 0.5 seconds apart. Believe it was transmission trying to engage next highest gear, but then choosing not to. Then rinse and repeat.

I had to pull off the accelerator as I was getting too close to the next car in traffic. It didn't do it again. I suspect if I gave it mor accelerator it would have cleared up.

It felt a little like when you try to start a manual in third gear from a dead stop.

Definitely noticeable as even my wife asked "what was that?"

I now have 21K on mine and this was the first time I encounter this transmission shudder.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just experienced this today. Engine and transmission warm. Driving in stop and go traffic. AC on. Very light acceleration applied. Speed about 20 mph. Jerked five times about 0.5 seconds apart. Believe it was transmission trying to engage next highest gear, but then choosing not to. Then rinse and repeat.

I had to pull off the accelerator as I was getting too close to the next car in traffic. It didn't do it again. I suspect if I gave it mor accelerator it would have cleared up.

It felt a little like when you try to start a manual in third gear from a dead stop.

Definitely noticeable as even my wife asked "what was that?"

I now have 21K on mine and this was the first time I encounter this transmission shudder.
Generally mine only does it within the first mile or so of leaving my house where the speed is slow. Almost an everyday occurrence.

I'm going to leave it overnight and let the dealership take a look at it and a few other issues during my next oil change. My bumper to bumper only has 8k left so I figure I should at least get it documented.

I have a strong feeling I'm going to get back could not duplicate concern though.

And I HATE leaving my car.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Last few nights I have noticed almost the same issue, just not as harsh when I leave work, except it's when I have the cruise set and am going about 50 MPH. It feels like a misfire and it will only do it for a second. Then it's fine, do it a few more times, then it's fine the rest of the ride home.

Something funky is going on.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I will have to experiment to see if I can get mine to do it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts