Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just got my tune today and thought i would install it and my Forge Bov. unfortunately when i try to connect to the vehicle it keeps saying could not connect. i installed the latest driver for my Red cable, the latest version of EZ flash and when i plug the cable in the laptop it lights yellow, and after plugging in the OBDII the light turns green as it should. please help

·
Registered
134 Posts
This stumped me for awhile too. Do you have EZ Flash 1.15 installed. I had version 1.10 installed by mistake and it always came back that it couldn't connect.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive tried with both a windows 8 and a vista laptop using both versions(of EZ flash) and get the same result every time. the driver seems to install correctly and the cable lights up as it should i just dont get what keeps it from connecting

·
Monsieur Charmant Résident
1,233 Posts
Another CruzeTALK member ran into this problem just the other day and it turned out that, unbeknownst to him (or the rest of us for that matter), he was using the incorrect version of EZ Flash. Whereas v1.15.x.x has been used successfully by many to install Trifecta's Advantage Tune v2 on 1.4L Cruzen and 1.25.x.x to install Trifecta's Diesel Tune on Cruze Diesels, it turns out that some cables require EZ Flash v1.20.x.x to install the 1.4L tune.

So, long story short, contact your vendor directly and ask them to send you a direct link to the correct version of EZ Flash for the cable you'll be using.
- -
Hope this helps, and Good Luck. You're gonna love your tune!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they sent me that and the results are the same. The cable light works as it should when plugges in respective ports and my laptop recognises it too. ive tried many other things as a test including;
Trying different versions of drivers
Trying different EZ flash Releases
Trying those things using 2 different laptops
Trying to connect to my father's 2011 silverado

Every time no matter what it just doesn't connect

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
For kicks and grins, try a different USB port.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I had to uninstall, and then reinstall, and then it worked. That was when I was installing the PAL version. I have not tried to install the new SAT (v2) yet. I will report when I do.

these are the instructions that I received from Michael at WOT tuning:

I would uninstall the drivers, reboot the PC, reinstall the drivers, reboot the PC again, then try the whole connection process all over. make sure to have the vehicle in the service mode if it's push button or in the RUN position if its a key. Then connect the to USB and OBDII and even try a USB port you haven't used yet.

This worked for me.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Swing by a parts house and see if they can scan codes? Or find someone local with another cable. Might be a faulty unit if your cars port is ready properly. Umm you may want to disconnect your maf to set a code before reading to be sure.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
The Ezflash cannot connect message needs to go **** itself, seriously.

But, I had issues tonight...started out with 1.25 thinking it was the newest and correct, but it isn't. Then went to check the WOT message and discovered it linked me to a certain version of Ezflash, not sure which one, so I just downloaded that one instead. Used it and it all worked fine.

I wish there was a way to test the cable's connection before having to start a flash.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
I have ? Why are you individuals continuessly Reflashing the Tune ?

·
Vendor
548 Posts
I have yet to connect to the vehicle, let alone flash it
OP, uninstall everything. Remove any downloads from your PC. Erase all versions of EZ Flash. Essentially, start from scratch. Something is off. If it was the cable, it wouldn't go amber and then green.

Make sure you have the latest Microsoft .Net 4.0 updates and that all windows updates are done and that none are pending. Can you read codes? Are you 100% sure you are putting the car in service mode or turning the key to the run position? I would only try v1.15 of EZ Flash first after you uninstall, reboot, reinstall the drivers, reboot, and download EZ Flash again. Re-download the driver package from the link in the guide: EZ Flash User Guide

Please initiate a support ticket with us on WOT to troubleshoot further as we aren't online all day.

-Michael

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Can I use the EZ Flash loader that I have had since Nov of 2014 its ver: 1.15.0.31

·
Premium Member
906 Posts

·
10,713 Posts
There is a new EZ Flash file, a new Driver and....... the part most don't know is a firmware update for the actual cable if it's more than a year old.

Are you trying to use the newest EZ Flash to flash a .TRT or .TRTX file? If you are flashing a tune older than PAL that ends .TRT ,you need the oldest EZ Flash and driver you can find.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts