Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems I need to go back to stock. The car tends to take off on me when I don't expect it to. I need to reflash my tune and when I try to do so, I am getting the above error:Unable to Connect to Car. I start EzFlash select the tune and connect my laptop to the car and once I go thru all the steps it configures the tune and I select the tune to install and when I hit the Connecting to car, it stops and says it cannot connect to the car. I did have a couple of faulty USB ports but I found a good one it still gives me the same error. I am somehow thinking the computer I am using does not have all the drivers installed. This is my wife's computer and it may have been rebuilt since the last time I connected. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Definitely a driver issue. Go to BNR's website and they have the drivers for download, free. The reason it doesn't prompt an error code until then is because up to that point it doesn't need to communicate with the car. This or you have a bad cable but based on your info, it's the drivers.

·
Super Moderator
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have Windows Vista and the red cable. After I sent this thread, I thought about the drivers so I deleted everything and reinstalled esp the drivers. I haven't tried it yet. Long day today. Will do first thing tomorrow. I also found this thread from EpickPhale about the same problem(earlier this year.http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/9-general-discussion-forum/65730-ez-flash-cannot-detect.html Sunline Fan has some tips and someone else mentioned downloading EZFlash from WOT Tuning I may mention something to Jerry at BNR but my data logs were "normal".

·
10,713 Posts
Yeah my hang up was I installed the driver then plugged in the cable and My Toughbook did not like this at all. I plugged in the cable then installed the drivers and 5 mins later I got a green light.

·
Registered
161 Posts
1- turn the key to on position 2 clicks
2- connect the pc with the car and wait to hear the USB successful connection noise
3- open ez-fast
4- proceed to the tune installation as shown on the "how to trifecta tune video"

Let us know if you need more help.

·
Super Moderator
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I am detuned now! Beit the drivers being added or the sequence of connecting the computer to the car, it worked and all went well. I knew it had to be something simple. Thx to all.

·
10,713 Posts
You got a performance tune or budget? I noticed an increase once the engine was cooler and 2 drive cycles after uploading. After I swapped back to iridiums temporarily I even feel a huge difference at 3300 and up.

Sent from my iFail 5s

·
Super Moderator
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You got a performance tune or budget? I noticed an increase once the engine was cooler and 2 drive cycles after uploading. After I swapped back to iridiums temporarily I even feel a huge difference at 3300 and up.

Sent from my iFail 5s
I have the performance tune. I just took the car on a drive up I 75 to Dayton and IMO my car runs better stock. With all the city driving I do, seemed the turbo was kicking in too often which made the car take off when least expected. If I did more highway driving where I was not in and out of the accelerator so much, it may not have been so bad. Really wasn't the way I wanted my car to run. Maybe there was a problem with the way the tune interacted with my car or a bad tune? Don't know.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
I have the performance tune. I just took the car on a drive up I 75 to Dayton and IMO my car runs better stock. With all the city driving I do, seemed the turbo was kicking in too often which made the car take off when least expected. If I did more highway driving where I was not in and out of the accelerator so much, it may not have been so bad. Really wasn't the way I wanted my car to run. Maybe there was a problem with the way the tune interacted with my car or a bad tune? Don't know.
This is why the datalogs are important

·
Super Moderator
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is why the datalogs are important
I did the datalogs and they said they were normal boost when I was getting into it. They did not know the car got into it whether I liked it or not.

·
10,713 Posts
I did the datalogs and they said they were normal boost when I was getting into it. They did not know the car got into it whether I liked it or not.
What gaps and what plugs are you using? With misgapped coppers on tune the initial drive in both eco and power was great till boost kicked in for power tune. Once I went to OEM .028 iridiums till I could get a new set of coppers the tune was more stable but still feels like it's lacking smooth take off. Once I get these coppers regapped and installed I'll then do a datalog to send in.

For in town the power mode was best if nobody was on the road so I can drive the way I wanted to. The eco tune was kinda like my coppers untuned but filled in the voids of the stock tune in certain rpms up the rev range. I can't speak on if the tune feels different on a 12 and 13 motor as I haven't driven many other cruzen far enough.

·
Super Moderator
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have Iridiums gapped at .028. The Iridiums are not factory these I bought from RockAuto and they are actually AC Delcos. With the tune, my car will throw you back in your seat at 2000 RPMs when the turbo kicks in. Seems kinda early for me esp for city driving.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have Iridiums gapped at .028. The Iridiums are not factory these I bought from RockAuto and they are actually AC Delcos. With the tune, my car will throw you back in your seat at 2000 RPMs when the turbo kicks in. Seems kinda early for me esp for city driving.
Auto??
Have you tried driving it at M mode??

·
Super Moderator
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I believe he is 6mt. My car doesn't do **** til 3300 rpms with iridiums and coppers gapped .028
I have a 6MT and w/o the tune and running premium maybe it does kick in closer to 3300(IDK), the car still seems to have good power. Looking to see what it does to MPG. I think the MPG went down a little last time I removed the tune because of rising gas prices. But I think I started using 87 octane and that killed everything so I reinstalled the tune after a few months. All I know the car seems easier to drive now and I don't feel like I need new brakes/tires to keep up with the car. The family doesn't seem to complain as much with me "rushing around" or always in a hurry anymore so that in and of itself is worth it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts