Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Chevy Sonic RS
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling my TurboTech motor mount. It has a bit over 1k miles on it so it’s partially broken in already. I deliver food so it was just too rough for me.

$150 + shipping or best offer

Edit: Added photos and adjusted price
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: Sold! To a member on the Sonic forums

·
Registered
324 Posts
Mounts are tough on the booty...lol

Reactions: Gotta_Go_Fast

·
Premium Member
2015 Cruze LT 1.4, aka Yuffie, aka RecklessRed
273 Posts
Maaaan. That is crazy expensive for just a single mount (not your price; their price in general). I am guessing they are the only ones that make that mount, right? I mean, really, that particular mount is not as important as the lower rear torque mount. Did you have that one too or just this upper mount?

·
Registered
2013 Chevy Sonic RS
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maaaan. That is crazy expensive for just a single mount (not your price; their price in general). I am guessing they are the only ones that make that mount, right? I mean, really, that particular mount is not as important as the lower rear torque mount. Did you have that one too or just this upper mount?
ZZP and OTTP make mounts as well that share a similar design. TTR mounts are the only ones that are this style and are very stiff. I did the rear trans mount at the same time and it was wayyyy too harsh for me. Now I just have the lower mount and it does a good job at keeping the engine from sliding back under power. The side to side motion is still prevalent so I need to see which company has the lesser durameter of poly and snag that in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2015 Cruze LT 1.4, aka Yuffie, aka RecklessRed
273 Posts
Word. I mean, you could probably pull that mount apart and get the appropriate hardness poly and pour it yourself. A little sand box, some tape, liquid poly (or roofing tack), and some time. boom.

·
Registered
324 Posts
J bodies we used to just do the dog bone on the bottom. And they made an insert 100 bucks for both from rk sport. This is expensive do to needing a casting then needing machined. A lot more cost involved. Ronin is right the rubber to probably do all the mounts in your vehicle is maybe $60 and can be bought in a variety of durometers(hardness level). If you do this use something around 80.

Reactions: Gotta_Go_Fast
1 - 7 of 7 Posts