Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Diesel, radio will randomly turn off. Blank screen for 5-10 seconds, then comes back on like I just turned it on. It happens about every two months, doesn't matter time of year, or how long radio has been on. Dealer told me, 'we can't get you anther one, so you'll have to get an aftermarket one, but it'll void your warranty.' I reminded him I'm out of warranty already, and he looked at me.

So, my questions are, one, is the dealer full of $&!%, or do I need to start looking for another radio?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
My 2013 kept crashing like that about once a month until I had the dealer do a software update. I don't think it's done it since.

Edit: Have you got a backup camera on your car? If you do, you might want to install a 2015/2016 1st Gen radio instead. That will get you backup guidelines. At least that works for the gassers. Not sure if the diesel is different.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
2014 Diesel, radio will randomly turn off. Blank screen for 5-10 seconds, then comes back on like I just turned it on. It happens about every two months, doesn't matter time of year, or how long radio has been on. Dealer told me, 'we can't get you anther one, so you'll have to get an aftermarket one, but it'll void your warranty.' I reminded him I'm out of warranty already, and he looked at me.

So, my questions are, one, is the dealer full of $&!%, or do I need to start looking for another radio?

Thanks
Do you have nav?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 2013 kept crashing like that about once a month until I had the dealer do a software update. I don't think it's done it since.

Edit: Have you got a backup camera on your car? If you do, you might want to install a 2015/2016 1st Gen radio instead. That will get you backup guidelines. At least that works for the gassers. Not sure if the diesel is different.
Yes I have the back up camera. I would think it would not matter as far as diesel or gasser for the radio, but I've been wrong before.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
248 Posts
Mine did the same thing. There is a service bulletin out for the Ground Cable to be replaced. Dropped it at dealer in the morning and it was swapped and ready by lunch (free). I think it was TSB Number: 14311

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks
Ok, it took me a while to get it to the dealer, but it appears to have been corrected. I took it in to have them do the recall for diesel emissions, and asked them to check for an update to the radio software. They said there was an update, loaded it, and the usb port quit working. Tried to un install update, but with usb port not working, no luck. I ended up with a new radio, not on my dime. So it hasn't randomly rebooted and my Bluetooth syncs up everytime, and very quickly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reactions: ChevyGuy
1 - 9 of 9 Posts