Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Ltz rs 1.4 and last night I was waitin on my bow tie to dry and started lookin under the hood and reached down to grab the pipe running to the intake side of the intercooler and the plastic elbow seems real loose. I can move it back and forth on the intercooler about 1/2-3/4 of an inch. I pulled the plastic off behind the bumper to see if I could just tighten the clamp but there isn't one it looks like some kind of snap ring that holds it on to the intercooler. Has anyone else noticed this? My car seems to run fine still but I think if it's that's loose it has to be losing boost.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Its normal. I had the same concern at first but when I had some other issues taken care of at the dealership I asked and even checked a couple of new cruzes. The way its designed the outer hard shell isnt what actually fits onto the connector. It has an inner lip which is sealed tightly against the intercooler inlet. Any play around the hard plastic isnt letting boost escape. They designed it that way because the cheap rubber hose from the factory flexes and moves if the coupling didnt have some play it would either blow off or tear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts