Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
29,000 miles on it (have 38,000 miles on studs)

red circle is substantial leak, yellow oval is 3 more tiny leaks....tire is toast

still lots of tread left, sigh

tire had been plugpatched once....repair is 1' to the right of the separation area (at bottom)

because of where i live not many options for a used or many tires in stock, i go back to work tmmw, my tire shop had a onesie michelin primacy MXM4, sold it to me 50% off costco price, costco is 6hr roundtrip away.

reading that the primacy is good tire, plan to get a matching one for better usage, then ill have a spare fuel max if another one bites the dust

i had been looking for used 215/55r17s for 2 mos, havent found anything decent close by, now this, lol

has soured me again on goodyear, stopped buying them 15yrs ago when 2 sets of at tires separated on my jeeps, since have bought nokians and bfg....always run out the tread, no separations

now here i am again with goodyear separations....fool me once...

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Sure that's not 129,000 miles? Looks like that tire's been through Baja 1000.

Never been a fan of Goodyear, wise to move on for sure.

Reactions: MRO1791

·
2,254 Posts
Wow. Never had 1 issue with Goodyear's.

Good thing something didn't happen down the road.

Reactions: boraz

·
Registered
375 Posts
boraz do you use any undercoating products? What do you use to wash the car? Do you use Tire Dressing? What PSI do you run the tires at?
Thank You.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
MXM4's are actually a Cruze OEM tire on the 18" versions. Kinda noisy, but an otherwise pretty good tire.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
boraz do you use any undercoating products? What do you use to wash the car? Do you use Tire Dressing? What PSI do you run the tires at?
Thank You.
no undercoat

onr to wash the car, but dont wash it often...i live 15km up a logging road, its dirty by the time i get to town, or dirty by the time i get home.

have em at 42 right now, have tried from there to 50psi to see if mileage/handing changes, its barely noticeable

1 - 7 of 7 Posts