Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is the first car or truck ive been in that the temp control is to the left of the fan control

i need to switch them :dazed002:

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
It's on the correct side if you move the steering wheel and everything over to the other side......:)

Reactions: Aussie and obermd

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Fuel filler is also on the right hand side, took awhile to get use to that as well. Unless you can find a gas pump with a 15 foot long hose.

Didn't take long to get use to where sixth gear is now where reverse use to be, actually that was backwards compared to a long standing tradition. And it least it was sixth gear so the engine would stall. If it was first, would ram a hole in your garage wall. Cruze finally got it right this time, but I was trained to do it backwards.

At least the steering wheel is on the left hand side, on the right, that may take sometime to get use to. Volume control is on the correct side. Where I run into problems is switching between my Cruze and Supra, the radio and climate controls are reversed in the Supra. So when I try to change stations in the Supra, end up turning up the heat. But slapping my face a couple of times cures this. Also have to slap my face a couple of times when pulling into a gas station. Seem to be slapping my face quite a bit lately.

For whatever reason felt perfectly natural to pull in on the left side of the pumps with my Supra, been doing that for 25 years, but not natural with the Cruze. I need help! LOL.

Yet another thing with the Cruze, you do not hit that button at the end of the directional signal lever, will reset something you don't want to instead of engaging the cruise. GM was doing that since the 60's.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
I *like* the fuel filler on the right side - I can always find an open space at the gas pump.

The Cruze was designed in Korea, a left-hand drive country, so I think the placement is the result of an arbitrary decision. The cruise control buttons are on the opposite side of the steering wheel from everyone else too, but that's just GM.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,603 Posts
I *like* the fuel filler on the right side - I can always find an open space at the gas pump.

The Cruze was designed in Korea, a left-hand drive country, so I think the placement is the result of an arbitrary decision. The cruise control buttons are on the opposite side of the steering wheel from everyone else too, but that's just GM.
Agree - I like both. 3/4 of My other cars were European and all had that fuel door on the right side anyway so nothing to get used to for me. Plus the lines are always shorter.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,388 Posts
Can't reverse them either, unless you can pull this unit out and really do some surgery on it:

Image Sheet

·
Super Moderator
5,194 Posts

All GMs have the fuel door on the right side as far as I remember, they always have. My 2007 Honda had the fuel door on the left side which was "foreign" to me. Since lots of people drive imported cars it does make it easy to find an open gas pump. I thought the same thing about the Heater and temp controls on the wrong side since my wife's car and previous GMs were reversed. I don't think about it anymore after 50000 miles and 2 years. Now I find it hard to get in my wife's car(besides the fact it is an automatic) LOL I will let her drive that and not drive mine besides being a stick.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
All my Pontiacs had the fuel door on the drivers side. My only problem with the temperature knob where it is is that my knee will sometimes change the temperature.

·
17,603 Posts
All my Pontiacs had the fuel door on the drivers side. My only problem with the temperature knob where it is is that my knee will sometimes change the temperature.
"Man. This AC really isn't cold today. Wait...ohhh...OHHH!"

·
Banned
10,296 Posts

Have to see different lines for left and right fillers, backing up works for me at busy gas stations.

GM used to put the filler behind the rear license plate, so it didn't make any difference. Also with full service gas stations, used a 20' long hose, so that didn't make any difference, really shortened for self service stations.

DOT said no to placing the gas tank at the rear, made OE's move it to under the rear seat so the passengers can get the full effect of the heat that gave sides to the filler. Also made it a b!tch to replace a made in China fuel pump.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
All GMs have the fuel door on the right side as far as I remember, they always have. My 2007 Honda had the fuel door on the left side which was "foreign" to me. Since lots of people drive imported cars it does make it easy to find an open gas pump. I thought the same thing about the Heater and temp controls on the wrong side since my wife's car and previous GMs were reversed. I don't think about it anymore after 50000 miles and 2 years. Now I find it hard to get in my wife's car(besides the fact it is an automatic) LOL I will let her drive that and not drive mine besides being a stick.
Not True. My 2002 Venture had it on the left side. A quick google shows the Silverado too. GM has been inconsistent. I do recall Ford back in the day ('80s) trying to be more "European" and putting all theirs on the right side (like my '88 T-bird), but that's just me.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Nothing beats the Ford I rented during the "Ford has a better idea" era. The horn button was not in the middle of the steering wheel, but on the end of the turn signal stalk. It took me nearly all week not to blow the horn when I made a turn, or changed lanes. The people of Atlanta were most perplexed by the guy in the red Ford blowing the horn at them on the beltway.

The last car I had that didn't have the temperature control on the left side was an '88 323, but the temperature control was a horizontal slide lever in the center of the stack. The vent mix was a horizontal slide just below it.

Reactions: jblackburn

·
17,603 Posts
Nothing beats the Ford I rented during the "Ford has a better idea" era. The horn button was not in the middle of the steering wheel, but on the end of the turn signal stalk. It took me nearly all week not to blow the horn when I made a turn, or changed lanes. The people of Atlanta were most perplexed by the guy in the red Ford blowing the horn at them on the beltway.
LOL
:3tens:

The last car I had that didn't have the temperature control on the left side was an '88 323, but the temperature control was a horizontal slide lever in the center of the stack. The vent mix was a horizontal slide just below it.
I had a Honda like that. Stupid thing jammed up all the time, leaving me with firery hot air coming out of the vents when I didn't want it.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
"Man. This AC really isn't cold today. Wait...ohhh...OHHH!"
I almost took my Cruze in for this. Fortunately my wife noticed the knob had been moved.

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
3/4 of My other cars were European and all had that fuel door on the right side anyway so nothing to get used to for me.
- same here - well Australian for the GTO and Italian for the Alfa. My wife's Honda has the gas fill on the left side, just need to remember to look at the little arrow on the gas gauge which points to the fill side.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts