Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Chev cruise and when anything is turned on with the heater or a/c, the fans cycle on/off on very high speed for 10 seconds, off for 5, then back on again. I have seen this with A/C, but with the defrost on or heater on or just outside air coming in. When the blower motor is running on anything in the climate control, the fans will do this. I just noticed this within the last few months as we owned this since 2011 brand new, Out of normal warranty- just power train left. Anyone help please? Its getting cold and my wife drives this to work and she is now worried about turning the heat on because the fans are so fast and lout and come on/off all the time. This is not normal in heater mode. Engine temperature seems normal and it could be when we first start the vehicle, so its not a over heating issue. Please Help...

· Premium Member
6,727 Posts
If your talking about the engine cooling fan, I'm pretty sure it comes on with the AC setting always(the defroster also uses the AC). If the fan is running at full high speed might be an indication your coolant is low, did you check the surge tank level?

· Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hi thetireman1c,

I understand that you are experiencing difficulties with your Cruze. We are unable to provide technical advice, but we would like to look further into your fan concern. Feel free to send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name if our assistance is needed. Hoping to hear from you soon!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.