Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Fan going turbo for 5 seconds then off for 30 seconds

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Drewie64 
#1 ·
I have 2016 Cruze limited and the cooling fan goes into turbo mode for 5 seconds and then off for 30 seconds and repeats. It really only happens when the AC is on. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

I tried unhooking the battery

#6 ·
It really only happens when the AC is on.
Does it when I’m driving also even at high speeds.
I think you need to take the car to a A/C shop. Something's wrong and it's causing high pressure - which triggers the fan.

Fans are not normally needed "at high speeds". So, that's the giveaway to me.

If the car's still in B2B warranty, (3 years/36,000 miles), then take it to the dealer.

#7 ·
This has been happening to my car as well over the last few months. I have taken it to a NAPA service shop and the low and medium resistors have gone on every single replacement fan, for a total of THREE fans. I'm going to have the dealer swap it with an OEM part on Thursday. This all started when my A/C went out. I have posted most of my experience on here for more inputs.

#8 ·
Following up on this in case you still are having issues. After having the dealer put in a new fan (plus fan shroud since the place I had it before replaced both) so far it's running fine. The OEM fan has lasted only a few days so far but that's days longer than the other ones did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.