Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure this isn't specific to just the diesel, but I've developed this slight noise from the HVAC fan. It sounds like it's making contact with something. It sounds like a slight quick ticking noise. Anybody else have this problem?

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
I had a bird chirping sound at low fan speeds. It's the press-fit bearing at the fan getting loose. Had mine replaced at no charge under warranty.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
Mine did it too. Easy and cheap enough to replace if you've got some basic tools.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Just a thought...possibly debris in the cabin air filter compartment plenum, rubbing on fan?

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Mine did it too. Easy and cheap enough to replace if you've got some basic tools.
I could have sworn the diesel fans were silly expensive when I was looking at a crash damaged Gen1 diesel a couple of months ago.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
How did you access the area needed to get to?
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/161-.../33090-how-hvac-blower-motor-replacement.html

Wouldn't hurt to try lubing the bearing as well.

I could have sworn the diesel fans were silly expensive when I was looking at a crash damaged Gen1 diesel a couple of months ago.
$90 from GMPD; could probably find it for cheaper. A Cruze is a Cruze on the inside. Not ridiculous when you see when what a blower motor for an European car costs.

patiently waiting for @NickD to regale us with the virtues of automotive fans from the 1920s
Everyone got tired of that crap. He gone. But if you miss the rants, there are some in the thread linked above.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
$90 from GMPD; could probably find it for cheaper. A Cruze is a Cruze on the inside. Not ridiculous when you see when what a blower motor for an European car costs.
Oh, HVAC.
I was thinking engine cooling, and IIRC a 2.0 radiator fan costs about 4 or 5 1.4 radiator fans.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yep, mine did it for quite a while and it took me quite a while to manage to show the dealership what I meant. It'd do it on fan setting 1-3 and the most noticeable was when you turned off the fan. I think they ended up replacing the HVAC motor on mine. Had it replaced under my extended warranty.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I get a lot of fan noise!!!!

But it's just people yelling at me because I'm so great!!:bowdown:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
An update on this.....I talked to my dealer, and I'am taking it in this coming Tuesday for an ongoing issue I have been having with my navigation. I told him about the issue with the fan, and he told me not to worry about it and let GM make good for all the problems I've had with my navigation. End result....he said not to worry about it, they would cover all costs even though the car is out of warranty. Needless to say, I was completely surprised.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts