Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I remote started my 2012 Cruze - let it run for approx 10 min before leaving for work (it was 20 degrees). As soon as I got in the dash reading said "AC off due to engine high temperature". Odd since it is so cold and I obviously wasn't running AC or the engine itself for very long.

At noon, I started my car to leave for lunch and noticed an extremely loud fan noise. I popped the hood and the fan was running very high/loudly. I shut off the engine and waited for several minutes but the fan continued to run. I drove a few miles, shut it off and the fan decreased in speed but continued running. I left it off for about 1 hr and it eventually did shut off. However, the second I started the engine again, I got the same dashboard warning and loud fan noise.

Again, it's never done this before and it doesn't make sense in 20 degree temps.

Any ideas?

·
Administrator
24,990 Posts
Check your coolant level. This is most commonly associated with a major loss of coolant.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
obermd
Chevrolet Cruze Forums
CruzeTalk.com forum, news, discussions and the best community for owners to discuss all things related to the Chevy Cruze.
Full Forum Listing