Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I must say I'm sad to see the Cruze go; but we came across a great deal this past weekend on a 2013 Malibu ECO. My wife and I always knew the Cruze was temporary as there would be no way two car seats would fit in the back (or at least comfortably for me; I'm 6' 6") Its been a wonderful car; traded her in at 30k miles and has been nothing but a joy to drive. I must say the Malibu is much better than in years past, incredibly comfortable and enjoyable to drive. I know we'll take a little hit on the 42mpg I'm used to getting; but for the more room and creature comforts I'll take it. It's the same Black Metallic Granite as my former Cruze; myLink, Power Convenience Pkg; HIDs and rearview camera and I got 'em to throw in factory fog lamps at no charge (they had to special order them). I want to say thanks to the forum for all the insights and technical advice; the Malibu forum doesn't have near the character and pride (or so far that I can tell) that CruzeTalk has but hopefully that will change. I plan on getting it back to 20% tint all around and already have my black carbon fiber bowties ordered. I'll stop by periodically to see what's the latest and greatest!

Cheers!
Dan Land vehicle Vehicle Car Full-size car Mid-size car

Edit: Don't have the second kiddo..at least not yet :)

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,748 Posts
Good! Atleast you stayed within the family.

Sad to see you go man, but enjoy your new ride and those two little joyful critters lol.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Nice choice and I'm glad you stuck with Chevy. Just with they would fix the biggest problem with the Malibu - you know, no manual transmission!

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Sweet Bu Man enjoy the added roominess and creature comforts , and do pop in from time to time !

BE Cool Stay Cozy Keep BUing and Best Wishes

Reactions: Sunline Fan

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Best of luck to you and the family danimal. I know you're going to really enjoy the Malibu as it IS a fine family car!

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I must say I'm sad to see the Cruze go; but we came across a great deal this past weekend on a 2013 Malibu ECO. My wife and I always knew the Cruze was temporary as there would be no way two car seats would fit in the back (or at least comfortably for me; I'm 6' 6") Its been a wonderful car; traded her in at 30k miles and has been nothing but a joy to drive. I must say the Malibu is much better than in years past, incredibly comfortable and enjoyable to drive. I know we'll take a little hit on the 42mpg I'm used to getting; but for the more room and creature comforts I'll take it. It's the same Black Metallic Granite as my former Cruze; myLink, Power Convenience Pkg; HIDs and rearview camera and I got 'em to throw in factory fog lamps at no charge (they had to special order them). I want to say thanks to the forum for all the insights and technical advice; the Malibu forum doesn't have near the character and pride (or so far that I can tell) that CruzeTalk has but hopefully that will change. I plan on getting it back to 20% tint all around and already have my black carbon fiber bowties ordered. I'll stop by periodically to see what's the latest and greatest!

Cheers!
Dan View attachment 13463

Malibu is a wonderful choice danimal! Your still in the family, but offcourse we will miss you hear:)

Crystal L-GM Customer

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts

Cheers!

Farewell danimal!

Enjoy your new Malibu. Look for Amber and Erica over in the Malibu forums if you ever need assistance!

Jackie
GM Customer Care

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Congrats on your new Malibu ECO. Let us know how the fuel economy matches against the window sticker. I understand moving up in size - I traded my Fiero GT for a Pontiac Transport. At least the Cruze has room for a car seat. :)

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Good time to grab a Malibu. Word is they are already doing a mid cycle refresh. The Eco is a pretty nice car. Congrats!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
274 Posts

Cheers!

Nice car but I would've waited on the 2014 Impala.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats on your new Malibu ECO. Let us know how the fuel economy matches against the window sticker. I understand moving up in size - I traded my Fiero GT for a Pontiac Transport. At least the Cruze has room for a car seat. :)
Very true! I'll do a review of the car as I get some more miles on her and see how it actually stacks up to window sticker. Right now we've only put 115 miles on it :) I must say so far the transmission is smooth as can be, no hunting for gears, hard shifts or anything, just great delivery.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
We could have purchased a fully loaded Impala at about the same price we paid for the Cruze, dealer was offering $7,500 off the sticker price. Kicked it around for a couple of minutes, but it was that EPS fuel economy we didn't like about that Impala.

Maybe we are crazy, yes that is the answer, we are crazy.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
The Impala redesign is amazing looking. The 2012 just looks like a cop car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
The current Impala was a car only fleets and rental companies could love, without huge price cuts.
Good thing too - Chevy announced the 2014 Impala won't be sold to fleets and rental companies until the very end of the model year when they're trying to unload leftovers before the 2015s come out.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
you know I never thought there was much more room in the new malibu's back seat versus the cruze's back seat. Just from sitting in it at car shows I actually thought there was less because it always felt more uncomfortable back there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.