Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Last I recall, OnlyTaurus was one of the highest I've seen on the site. He's since parted ways with the Cruze =[ think he was pushing 210HP/270TQ?
Yea he's at 210hp/270tq If I remb right he's selling all his parts for a motor swap not sure if he's selling/sold the car tho thought he was doing a swap.. I'm at around 185hp/225tq with my setup last time we checked, but I'll be parting out my cruze soon and going back to stock as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think a lot of people here see the Cruze for what it is, a basic economy car. Most people got it for good MPG and a reliable vehicle with a lot of features for the $$ (IMO). There's a few that have pushed them pretty far, mentioned above but I think on the whole, most people do mild mods to make it more fun to drive or make it a little more responsive.

I don't think majority of people really try to build these cars for power or to be fast. If you look around there aren't a ton of dyno numbers or 1/4 mile times out there. For the most part people are of the mind if you want a fast car you should just buy a fast car to begin with. I think the fastest Cruze I've seen around here was in the Vtuner thread updated a few days ago, that had internals built, N2O, programming etc...basically maxed out, and it ran a mid-high 14 and trapped 95 or 98 (of course I can't find the specific post right this second). I searched and I somehow can't find the exact post. I swear I didn't dream it either, I sent it to a friend earlier this week.

They're fun cars to mod but if you want something fast, this is not the best platform, buy something fast to begin with.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
I'm up there on the list, as well. I haven't dyno'd yet. I'm waiting till Spring after the turbo/manifold swap.

Also...Mid-high 14's with internals and Nos? I can run that on my own now.

Reactions: obermd

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
No nitrous.. but the mid 14s are every bolt on you can get with a auto NOT manual. Our cars are trash off the line thats why we see terrible 60ft times. Manual gears are to tall. Vtuner has a sonic not a cruze if I recall correctly. He is currently building the motor and hasnt posted numbers after going in the motor but I could see mid 13s with built motor and upgraded turbo.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
^ These cars are horrible from a dig, 3rd gear is when they start to shine a little bit lol

Reactions: obermd

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
^ These cars are horrible from a dig, 3rd gear is when they start to shine a little bit lol
You think Bandemere will let us get a "running" start so we can be in third when we pass the start line? :)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
The Vtuner was at a 14.7 1/4 Most likely he is 14.5 or under now. There is another cruze to i think in the 14.4 sec range. Really pretty good numbers for a little 1.4

·
Registered
647 Posts
I think i am the record holder at 14.4. 202whp and 244wtq but i set that about 8 months ago. I have changed many things now...Vtunes car is running 14.2 with pistons 10.1 to 1 and 27% stronger valve springs, his upgraded turbo and 35 shot of N2O. It is not a drag car by any means. True. But on the street with the right setup (my car) you can beet cars 3 times faster. It's really funny. I played with an ss camaro...3 times the power i have and on the back roads he just could not keep up with me. But as soon as we were on the highway i was good to about 4th and got left in the dust.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
You think Bandemere will let us get a "running" start so we can be in third when we pass the start line? :)
lol... Wishful thinking XD

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yep, I would not expect too much of the these cars. The 2015 1.4L eco will have a forged crank, and the output is supposed to be 148hp and 173ft-lbs of torque of the line. Given it has a forged crank, it might have more potential than with the cast crank of the family 0 1.4L eco engines. So my Cruze will definitely just be a daily driver, the most I might do is put a KN cone filter.

I don't expect anyone to be breaking the 300hp mark with these cars. However, I would expect them to be fairly reliable given how long GM has had to iron out the bugs.

Anyway, I have a 1986 Buick Regal Grand National. It's putting about 450 rwhp. That's enough power for me.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
How do you figure it would be a lower 1/4 time if it was an auto?

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Flat foot shift that turbo engine =>

1 - 18 of 18 Posts