Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FBI behind mysterious surveillance aircraft over US cities

WASHINGTON — The FBI is operating a small air force with scores of low-flying planes across the country carrying video and, at times, cellphone surveillance technology — all hidden behind fictitious companies that are fronts for the government, The Associated Press has learned.

The planes' surveillance equipment is generally used without a judge's approval, and the FBI said the flights are used for specific, ongoing investigations. In a recent 30-day period, the agency flew above more than 30 cities in 11 states across the country, an AP review found.

Aerial surveillance represents a changing frontier for law enforcement, providing what the government maintains is an important tool in criminal, terrorism or intelligence probes. But the program raises questions about whether there should be updated policies protecting civil liberties as new technologies pose intrusive opportunities for government spying.
U.S. law enforcement officials confirmed for the first time the wide-scale use of the aircraft, which the AP traced to at least 13 fake companies, such as FVX Research, KQM Aviation, NBR Aviation and PXW Services. Even basic aspects of the program are withheld from the public in censored versions of official reports from the Justice Department's inspector general.

FULL STORY
FBI behind mysterious surveillance aircraft over US cities

·
Administrator
25,100 Posts
I'm surprised it took this long for this to occur. Police have been using low flying aircraft to monitor highway speeds since the double-nickel law went into effect.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Any Government or police entity operating behind fake enterprises to hide their activity from legal restrictions or judicial oversight is up to no good.

Its not different than criminal organizations doing the same thing.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any Government or police entity operating behind fake enterprises to hide their activity from legal restrictions or judicial oversight is up to no good.

Its not different than criminal organizations doing the same thing.
Just another violation of our rights. Unacceptable.
Just another example of the goverment and it's tentacles completely out of control.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Just another example of the goverment and it's tentacles completely out of control.
What would you expect for the same agency that was also behind Fast & Furious arming of the Mexican Drug Cartels, yet feels people aren't entitled to their second amendment rights? Its pretty clear they don't think any of the others are "Rights" either. Thank Eric Holder and that half wit Loretta E. Lynch that replaced him

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
This is not new and they only mentioned the FBI use of conventional aircraft.

Seen a highly advanced low flying UAV about 4 years ago flying at low altitude at a very high rate of speed, just outside of a large city. Based on my speed at the time and distances covered over the same time this thing was going 200-300mph while within 100ft of the power lines. As I could see it leaving the area at high speed, could see a jet engine burning, something none of the known UAV used at the time. This was also just outside an area where a major highway goes into a valley with no cell coverage for 3 miles, so it would make sense it could have been monitoring traffic leaving the dead zone.

What ever I saw that day, it was more advanced looking than even the X-47B UAV and much much smaller.

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
this article also states they are snooping everyones cell phones also as well as video surveillance
Since they're not being up front about what they're doing, we'll have to assume the worst. Surveillance outside of the court system - nope. Not here.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Maybe with all their surveillance, the FBI can figure out how Bill and Hillary went from dead ass broke in 1998 to having more money than Romney in 16 yrs.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, during a recent tax audit, learned that the government knows more about my finances that I knew about myself. So why don't you just send me my tax bill and save me all this misery. Over 1,000 IRS forms and 13,000 pages of tax laws.

Okay, so I grabbed the wrong dang form, results were completely the same. They also had access to all of my credit card purchases. Dealing with the USCIS was the same thing, if I wrote down a penny error in my income, not every serious, but would deport my wife for lying on the form.

Ha, our marriage certificate is not valid until the marriage was consummated, but didn't want any proof about this.

All of our new vehicles have spy boxes in them now, was talk about even issuing a speeding ticket, but congress rejected this, gather they also want to speed.

Know of people that lost their homes because they couldn't pay their property taxes, so much for private ownership. Paid more for property taxes over the years than I paid for my home.

Was discussing this medical privacy act with friends last night, husband said he called his wife's doctor to get her bill, can't give out this information. Said congress passed this law because they like to play around quite a bit of if get AIDs want to keep this quiet. But also pointed out a neighbor doctor doing heart surgery on a patient with AIDs was never informed, got a minor cut and died from AIDs.

We use to get one medical bill, now we get three separate ones. With my accident, got all information on my health since the day I was born and now part of public records, this country has gone insane.

Politicians are never fired, very few are put in prison, but requested that they resign.

Why did we the people let this happen?

As a kid had two choices either serve when drafted or go to jail, just wonder how valid my oath is. I know that everything I type here is being looked at, ha, hope I am boring them to death. Only revenge we have.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Don't think they ever posted the original source (just skimmed through the article) but here's the post where people worked it out Plane circling over McLean/Langley area last few days : nova
I've probibly seen that same plane...just never got my binoculars out to see the numbers on it. They are always buzzing my neighborhood in a plane or chopper a few times a week.

I don't sunbath nude outside so I don't let it bother me.....actually if I DID sunbath nude outside....that might scare them off.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't sunbath nude outside so I don't let it bother me.....actually if I DID sunbath nude outside....that might scare them off.
No, you would be arrested then have to register as a sex offender. Then with a felony on your record you would lose your 2nd amendment rights and the ability to get a job due to background checks.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
No, you would be arrested then have to register as a sex offender. Then with a felony on your record you would lose your 2nd amendment rights and the ability to get a job due to background checks.
Yeah, I suppose there is no expectation of privacy from your deck with no visibility from other houses nearby OR the ground. Only visible from the air.

Now if I can find swimming trunks with a really huge Johnson printed on it (at least convincing from a distance)....

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
I've probibly seen that same plane...just never got my binoculars out to see the numbers on it. They are always buzzing my neighborhood in a plane or chopper a few times a week.

I wouldn't need to be full nude to scare them away, just my shirt off would reflect enough light to blind the pilot and any camera equipment....I need to get outside more

1 - 18 of 18 Posts