Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Little background story, I'm 21 so I've only had 3 cars in the past including my cruze. My first car was a 2002 Nissan Maxima, as my first car (I was about 17 ) I thought I had a rocket 3.5L 255 HP, I was a student and fuel was expensive to fill up this thing. Now only being a owner of it for a year, I had so many problems with it, it spent more time at the mechanic shop then I spent actually driving it. It died on me.....it no longer wanted to start, had a huge electrical problem ,shop told me get rid of it it'll cost you cheaper..I learnt my lesson and decided I wanted something more economical, so I bought a 1998 Honda civic LX 1.6L 127HP with 280,000 km, Drove that for about 2 years but I should admit barely any problems during intell one day the alternator gave up, brakes needed to be changed ect.. Decided it was time to sell it and get myself a newish car from a dealer, I was looking everyday online for deferent makes,models for sale. So I planed a day to go visit all the cars I was interested in (which was about 6-7 completly deferent cars). The first one on my list was the 1.4t 2011 Chevy Cruze ltz rs with 48,000km in black with the sunroof, 2 tone leather seats, screen with gps, pioneer system, bluetooth, DSC (This was a whole new world to me)....I fell in love, bought it on the spot and have not regreted a single thing. Might I add it was not only the cheapest car out of all, the one with the most amenities, the most fuel efficient and in my opinion the nicest. I never looked at any other cars on my list just left with my cruze happier then ever.

I've been driving my cruze for a year and a half now, and I'm still in love :wub:

Anyone else fall in love at first sight with their cruze?

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
I did as well. When I was researching a new car to buy (my lease was up), I spent about 4 months researching many vehicles. Always came back to the Cruze. I think the Gen 1 front end looks mean as ****! I have had mine since February 27th - 12,200 miles later, I still love it!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did as well. When I was researching a new car to buy (my lease was up), I spent about 4 months researching many vehicles. Always came back to the Cruze. I think the Gen 1 front end looks mean as ****! I have had mine since February 27th - 12,200 miles later, I still love it!
100% agree, front end looks real mean.

It's funny because my girlfriend is now interested in a chevy cruze ltz rs but she said she absolutely needs a white cruze haha

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, is this a platonic or a sensual love affair with your Cruze? And for sickness or health? How would you feel is "she" left you stranded in some God forsaken place? Only has a single drive belt system, would love her more if she had two with a lone one for the water pump.

Just one tiny spec of arc in one of those many Made in China point contact relays can leave you stranded. She does need a lots of TLC.

Sure don't want her to be slapped in the butt with a much larger SUV, then when dealing with the culprits insurance company, learn very quickly how little they say she is worth.

·
Registered
154 Posts
LOL Nick..

Anyways yea my 2012 cruze has had problems left and right and even with my binder filled with Service documents, I still can't find another car for $20,000 that has a nice interior, looks like a sports car, and drives like a sports car with upgraded 245/40/r18x8.5 wheels.

Sadly that aggressive look that the Gen1 had is no longer there with the Gen2 Cruze. It's been a love hate relationship but after putting 100,000 miles on my car last year and racking up $6000 in speeding tickets, I can't regret buying this car. I have too many fun memories with it.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
$6000 in Speeding Tickets? In the past year? I had one once, and the CHP guy apologized for picking me when 2 other Cars sped past him at a higher rate of speed. I just happened to be exiting the Freeway:sad010:

I thought our Golden State suspends your License at 5 tickets or 5 points?

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Same here I have over 68K & still enjoy driving my Cruze. Even tho all the issue & a folder full of service records as well, where the car has more work done on it then I care to mention. But again still enjoy everyday of the Cruze!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
$6000 in Speeding Tickets? In the past year? I had one once, and the CHP guy apologized for picking me when 2 other Cars sped past him at a higher rate of speed. I just happened to be exiting the Freeway:sad010:

In a Cruze no less. You'd really HAVE to try!

I liked the Cruze when I first drove it, but the 2011 automatic ruined the experience for me.

I came back and drove a baby blue Eco MT and didn't like it, and then a black LS and liked it. What REALLY got me was when I drove another Eco, LS, and then the 1LT MT. That one won me over. Took it home for the evening and came back the next day and took it home for good.

·
Registered
154 Posts

I live by 580 which turns into 5 off corral hollow. I USED TO hit 115MPH on a daily basis commuting home from work because there's no traffic, and one day I got caught doing 118 which I got taken down to 99MPH, 1 point and $1000 fine. The other 2 speeding tickets I forgot to go to court for so they accumulated additional charges.

Now I have a radar detector and haven't had a single problem since.

My car has wide sport tires that run $1100 a set and with how well it handles its hard not to speed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I love reading about how much other users love their Cruze. Obviously a Cruze forum is a good place to see this. I was looking for a new car for close to a year before I fell for the Cruze. I was driving a 1997 Chevy C1500 Silverado. The commute and money I was starting to spend of repairs was killing me. 15 mpg on a good day was rough. I looked at used cars and never really was 100% solve on anything and just didn't love what I was seeing. I then saw some great prices within an hour of me on new the 2016 Limited's. As soon as I got in I was hooked. I love the feel of the car, the looks, and the fuel economy. I got the touch screen with 6 speaker system which is plenty nice enough for me (nicer than anything else I was looking at). I'm almost 1000 miles in and love the car. I always look forward to driving it.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I first saw the Cruze at the Denver Auto Show. It was a 2011 ECO MT and the 42 MPG really got my attention, especially since I have always been slightly above the EPA highway estimate for all my cars. Test drove a 2011 ECO MT, really liked it, but couldn't stand the fact that the salesman kept pushing options I didn't want. A year later I test drove a 2012 ECO MT and that salesman was really good and found what I wanted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts