Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
2,211 Posts
My cavalier was this way, turn nozzle upside down and leave it stuck in like that while filing. It will work.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Can’t fuel with gas without nozzle turning off
I don't think it's your Cruze, I have the same issue with my Silverado. I have yet to have that problem with my wife's MB.

Put the nozzle all the way in, back it out a touch/little/hair, let it rest against the bottom of the port, and start filling it up. Works most often for me.

Reactions: grs1961

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My cavalier was this way, turn nozzle upside down and leave it stuck in like that while filing. It will work.
hi my name is Randy and I live in California I’ve tried every way with the nozzle to fill up every direction and different gas stations but if I try to squeeze it All the way it clicks off,I have to just hold it a little bit to fill up My brother told me that there is a vapor sensor or tube I’m not sure what it is and if it gets clogged the nozzle will sense that there is back pressure and turn off? I noticed there’s a little breather hole took my air hose shot it in there but it didn’t make a difference

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Don't fuel at full throttle. The tube can't handle that kind of flow. And you won't get a full fill either.

I just stick her in and use the first notch. Slow fill.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't fuel at full throttle. The tube can't handle that kind of flow. And you won't get a full fill either.

I just stick her in and use the first notch. Slow fill.
Ya that’s what I have to do but it didn’t used to do that I’ve had the car for a three years now and never did it until about four months ago So that tells me that something happened and if there’s a fix I like to fix it, Until then I’ll be taking it slow. Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can’t fuel with gas without nozzle turning off
Most cars have a charcoal canister in the EVAP system and the vent pipe going from the fill to the canister can become clogged over time and will shut off the fuel nozzle from the pump...

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Most cars have a charcoal canister in the EVAP system and the vent pipe going from the fill to the canister can become clogged over time and will shut off the fuel nozzle from the pump...
Or maybe the canister needs replacing. It's my understanding that constant over-filling results in enough gas getting to the charcoal filter in the canister that it ruins it.

I always put the nozzle back in the pump after it shuts off. (Assuming properly working car and gas pump.) It's trying the squeeze that last cup or two into the tank that can cause this.

Doug

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
The vacuum in the system will suck the gas and fumes out of the canister.

The job of the canister is to trap the vapor from going in to the atmosphere. The vacuum sucks those fumes.

Unless things changed this century.

I've never had mine go bad and I'm usually filling up as much as possible. Usually.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Or maybe the canister needs replacing. It's my understanding that constant over-filling results in enough gas getting to the charcoal filter in the canister that it ruins it.

I always put the nozzle back in the pump after it shuts off. (Assuming properly working car and gas pump.) It's trying the squeeze that last cup or two into the tank that can cause this.

Doug

The vacuum in the system will suck the gas and fumes out of the canister.

The job of the canister is to trap the vapor from going in to the atmosphere. The vacuum sucks those fumes.

Unless things changed this century.

I've never had mine go bad and I'm usually filling up as much as possible. Usually.
[/QUOTE
Thanks, Thanks for all the input when I get some time I’m gonna check and follow that vent hose

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
If it only happens at a certain station/type of station it's just an interaction between your vehicle and the vapor pressure sensors in the equipment. Some pumping equipment is simply more sesnitive.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts