Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My commute to work happens at night, and last night I realized my lights weren't very bright. Even with the brights on I had a hard time seeing. So today when I got home I got out some cleaning products and cleaned up the head and tail lights, and for good measure I wiped down the bow tie...gotta keep it classy. Never have I seen such a filthy car look so sexy, so mean. It kind of reminds me of a soldier covered in mud getting ready for battle...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
That is filthy

sent from my Phablet, pass excuse the bad gramur.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
who knew that cars came in matte grey now... o wait sorry thats all THE SALT THEY USE

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For the record, I'm waiting for the temp to raise above freezing to clean her up. We've been sub 32degrees for two weeks now and no plans in the next 7 days to get above ......is it spring yet??

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
We're having a miserable time here with 72° weather.:p

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
And I thought mine was bad. Wow ... you really need some good weather.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We do! I only bought this car a week ago! And already looks like this

Thanks for rubbing it in ****

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Just remember, when it's a nice 72 for us **** is sweltering in 120+ temperatures. :)

·
Little Purple Title
836 Posts
My poor Chiana got so dirty one time that she started crying...

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Yep, I regularly clean my headlights in the winter.

We haven't had a day above freezing in weeks. Warmest it's been recently has been 28*F, and that was accompanied by a 20 mph wind.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
My wife came home from work the other day complaining that the headlights on her Sonic we're not very good and she wanted brighter bulbs. I asked her did she turn on her driving lights too? She said yes but they were not very good. I said today before you leave for work why dont you try cleaning your headlights and you're driving lights and see how that works out for you coming home tomorrow night. Well she cleaned them and was amazed at how bright they were. I guess she did not expect for headlights to be that filthy already.

Sent from my last surviving brain cell

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
I used to have those little headlight wipers on my Volvo. The funny thing was they never worked when it was actually cold...

It'd be nice if the Cruzen with heated mirrors had washer jets for the headlights though - I've seen them on other GM vehicles.

·
Registered
119 Posts
We had here a law that all cars do have the headlight washers. A lot of them were using those small wipers, but there was also a lot with some kind of nozzles where the pressurized water-detergent-spirits mixture came out to the lights cleaning them. The pumps for that were different than windshield washers pumps having more pressure. I did like those pressurized washers a lot. But then came EU and the law was cancelled, so now we have here many cars without those washers. And Cruze is one of them. Sadly. I am wondering if there is not any producers anywhere making a readily installed kits to get that feature to the Cruze. Maybe not. Still I'm planning to do it myself after the car gets a bit more age, not before I'm sure I will not spoil anything, not even the warranty.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
We spent this time last year in Orlando, never seen so many clean cars in my life. Car wash places have been closed for the last several weeks anyway, but wouldn't do a darn bit of good if they were washed. Would be just as dirty when driving a couple of blocks.

Always have to clean my head lamps and windshield. Was thinking yesterday, was a good thing I did not have to drive down to Milwaukee like I did exactly two weeks ago. A miracle the roads were clear when they finally could get a flight home. If like yesterday, top speed would have been 25 mph.

Weird weather, normally doesn't snow during subzero weather, getting hit with everything nature has to throw at us. Wind chill factors are 45 degree below zero, all the schools are closed today, plus the fresh snow.

Pouring salt on roads doesn't work either, does lower the freezing point, but not when the temperatures drop to 20 degrees below zero. What did melt coated the roads with ice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts