Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

· Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to installing my tune.
First impression was: holy ****...
I feel like it has too much surge with very very very light throttle...
I'm hoping it smooths out as it learns my driving...
Also had to relearn my shifting habits so I'm not riding the clutch since the throttle is like its attached to a cable now.
Currently running 89.
I just dont like the fact that as soon as you lightly touch the gas, BANG, massive acceleration.
It seems like the tune wants to be on all the time and backs off gradually when it sees you arent trying to be tony Stewart.
I'm going to give it a try this week and see how much it kills my fuel econ.
Got the new plugs coming tomorrow, after that I will datalog..

· Registered
309 Posts
That's the same thing I noticed. Its like on constantly unless you really feather the throttle. It does pull a lot harder now though when I need it too. However if its wet out the wheel spin very easily. So far it seems mpg might be going down a little since its so aggressive.

· Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
You need to be running 93 octane and plug gap at .028. I have been down this road and taking care of your plugs will clear up the surge along with 93 octane gas. See my thread:

• http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/10-powertrain/102577-i-reinstalled-tune-my-eco.html Prior to this I installed and uninstalled for surging problems but 93, my plugs and using the select a tune when only on the highway "cruising" helps a lot or at least it solved my problems. The get the upgrade if eligible As cruze2011white says it does take a little getting used to(not needing to get in the accelerator so much!

10,589 Posts
Datalog then send the file back to trifecta. This is how you rid the on/off switch throttle and dial the tune to your vehicle. After you send the log, go back to stock tune unless you just want to see how much longer you can try and tame the wild beast.

Once you get that 2nd file back, avoid stabbing the pedal as this activates the PAL to give it the beans. The new(new) file after Datalog, I can rev 3-4k and not be outside of Eco(granted mpg is not "eco" at 4k).

10,589 Posts
Now I am nervous! I just received my cable and was going to try the install tomorrow. I drive with a very light foot. I hope this will work for me.
Not to be nervous unless you are always stomping down to get the car to go fast. 1st file you get, have someone help you Datalog then send the file back. You can use the stock tune file to go back to before the tune until they send the updated tune for your car based on the Datalog you sent in.

· Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
Now I am nervous! I just received my cable and was going to try the install tomorrow. I drive with a very light foot. I hope this will work for me.
There is nothing to be nervous about. You will enjoy the new power. I know I do! I am happy I reinstalled my tune. I was thinking yesterday while driving around with the tune installed, it is running so well I may not even use a corrected tune that was offered on older tunes esp bought last year in the group buy. Just drive normally and make sure your plugs are at .028 and use 93 octane fuel and you should be good. Data log the install and you will be taken care of.

10,589 Posts
There is nothing to be nervous about. You will enjoy the new power. I know I do! I am happy I reinstalled my tune. I was thinking yesterday while driving around with the tune installed, it is running so well I may not even use a corrected tune that was offered on older tunes esp bought last year in the group buy. Just drive normally and make sure your plugs are at .028 and use 93 octane fuel and you should be good.

New tune is more powerful, only thing is there is no more select a tune. Most of us used that as a crutch, after a while we would just leave it on race and drive "better" so the tine file was always there when we needed it. I turned it on every now and then but something about the cruise control light being on just bothers me.

· Registered
633 Posts
Same boat here, I feather foot the throttle 90% of the time.

Not to be nervous unless you are always stomping down to get the car to go fast. 1st file you get, have someone help you Datalog then send the file back. You can use the stock tune file to go back to before the tune until they send the updated tune for your car based on the Datalog you sent in.
Hoping I don't have to datalog as I bought the budget tune...

· Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
Same boat here, I feather foot the throttle 90% of the time.

Hoping I don't have to datalog as I bought the budget tune...
They give you instructions on how to do it so it is no big deal and then send in.

Data logging support is not for the budget tune so you don't need to worry about it:
This is from their web site: http://trifectaperformance.com/trifecta/?page_id=34
Datalogging Eligibility
The WOT-Tuning Economy and BNR Budget series of tunes are not eligible to receive any datalogging support and are also not eligible for refunds. All sales are considered final.
It is our policy that the datalogging feature is considered a value added extra that is at the discretion of WOT-Tuning and TRIFECTA to determine if any additional service is needed on said vehicle. Any and all followup service in reviewing datalogs and providing updates based on these datalogs are considered extra value added and are at the discretion of TRIFECTA and WOT-Tuning to accept or decline.
It is at discretion of TRIFECTA and WOT-Tuning in determining if any, or what type of tune upgrade fee might be assessed for any addition work resulting from hardware changes and/or feature changes.
Given that, you don't have to worry about it. Your only solution will be to remove the tune if there are any problems Datalogging is after the sale support.

· Registered
633 Posts
Yeah that's my point lol. As if I have to datalog for some reason, I'll have to pay to do so.

· Registered
633 Posts
I'm going to try the install. I will let you know how it goes. I also bought the budget tune.
Cool, thanks! I'm gonna be installing it this weekend. Before I install it, I'm gonna do some data logging with EFI Live, do some pulls, half throttle, full throttle, etc. Then do the same after I tune.

· Registered
1,160 Posts
I am sure even if your using the Budget! If the throttle is to touchy there going to have to correct it That would make sense to me !

Reactions: Merc6

· Registered
633 Posts
I am sure even if your using the Budget! If the throttle is to touchy there going to have to correct it That would make sense to me !
I have a feeling they won't unless I pay the fee to have it modified. If it's too much of a pain or too touchy to drive with, then I'll probably just uninstall it and upgrade the tune to one that can datalog down the road when I have some more moolah.

· Registered
633 Posts
Wot tuning said they'd help out even with a budget tune

Sent from the sexy electrician
Oh they did?? I must have missed this....

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.