Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
I filled up on the way home from work today....and finally managed to break 40MPG!
526 miles on 13.039 gallons = 40.34MPG (DIC estimated 42.6...about 6% high, which is typical...)

37.2 MPH average speed = ~57% city driving.

Not bad for an optioned out LTZ!

The only MPG "mod" on this one are Xtreme's advice on max'ing out the tire pressure to 44psi.
I don't use cruise control, and no A/C needed yet...highs are in the upper 70's/lower 80's here; lows are in the lower to upper 60's.
I am going to start logging the temperature at fill-up just to see what correlation the temperature has on MPG...should prove interesting.
Todays' temp at my fillup was a cool 67 degrees.

Hope to check my spark plug gap this weekend...will post findings later.

Congratulations! Ok I'll ask... what was your speed during the 43% highway driving? I've been putting it off since I'd have to feed the air pump, but I have to say the higher tire pressure seems to really make a huge difference.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Here goes: (My ~28 mile commute to work....)
First ~6 miles from home to 4-lane speed limits do not exceed 40mph....neither to I; about half of these 6 miles are 35mph. There are 11 stoplights (Yes, I think Greensboro went on eBay and bought a boatload of them, and then decided to install them along my route!) I'd guess on average that I only have to stop at 3 of them...I only turn at 3 of the 11, the rest are drive-thru's.

The next 7 miles are 55mph limit, next 7 are 35/45, no stoplights, next 7 are 60mph interstate, last 2 are rural with one light to work.

In the 55/60 limits I do somewhere around 55-62mph.

Car rests on weekends!
Thanks for the run down... I think too that the lower speeds keep things in order & that your stops/starts aren't very unexpected like the city traffic I'm exposed to. Anyway, good job & do keep us posted on the spark gap & if that made any difference. Mine seems to have not, but I sure do appreciate the better performance I've seen over the past week & 1/2.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.