Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't want to name my Cruze, i wanted it to name itself when the time was right. Took it about 7 months, but i am proud to be the driver of "Reddy".

Last night we had some pretty gnarly gusts of wind; between 40-70mph. I was on my way home from the comic book store and i watched a tree fall in front of me in my lane, i quickly veered left into the oncoming lane, only to find another tree was already down in that lane and had to veer back into my original lane. This all happened pretty quick and with the winds whipping at me; my comics went all over the car. I pulled over to take a breathe and went over what just happened (it was pretty cool and fast, definitely some chirping) and the only comic left on my seat was my JLA with Red Tornado as the cover art.

Not sure if this is pretty lame (not many ppl are into comics anymore) and also a lame way to name a car (they are usual girls names) but i like it. Plus its Crystal Red Tintcoat so it made so much sense.

Anyone else's cars name themselves or am i alone?

·
Registered
152 Posts
you need a new hobby, like drinking

Reactions: Turbo Ed and McNeo

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Everyone said don't name her Penelope, everyone does.

Yet they all seemed to have disappeared?

Haters gonna hate I guess.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Silver Slushie....self explanatory and low expectations. LOL

·
Registered
24 Posts
Silver Slushie....self explanatory and low expectations. LOL
Like it ,Silver Slushbox, awesome. I have a 2012 2lt same color, from Mass too. Thinking of adding the rear diffuser as you did. Do you have any pics or advise. Did you have to trim? Pm me if that is the proper etiquette. Still new to the site

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Awesome...Welcome Brother :)

As far as the diffuser, It was pretty straight forward to do. Just clean the area using soap and water an do several light coats until you get good coverage. I think I did 5 coats on everything and only ended up using a single can.

The only thing I did to make a clean cut line in the diffuser area was to take an exacto knife and lightly score the transition area. Since this is a radius versus a hard corner, it didn't want to do a "Clean Cut". Once I scored it, it came out perfectly.

Here's a link to the library, just go through the pic's and you will see the general process and results.

·
Registered
491 Posts
1981 Ford Mustang - Shyte Box - Car rusted out in 2 years
1987 White Dodge Daytona - White Lighting
1994 Blue Chevy Corsica - Little Lady ( Wife's car )
1999 Green Chevy Metro - Green Machine ( Car went every where that some cars wouldn't go )
2007 Red VW Golf - Little Devil
2013 Black Chevy Spark - Black Diamond ( Wife's car )
2014 Green Chevy Cruze - unnamed as of yet

·
Registered
89 Posts
Love my ride so much, can't stop looking at it. I dream about it..... I could use some new hobbies too. In one dream I recall seeing a Betty Page poster, it woke me out of a dead sleep, so my Silver Cruze's name is Betty

1 - 12 of 12 Posts