Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Finding replacement stick shift knob for a 2012 Cruze.

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cabanaboy1977 
#1 ·
The people at BrakeMax say their computers show GM no longer makes the gearshift knob for the 2012 Cruze. Mine is breaking and I would like to replace it. Is this true, that GM is no longer making certain parts for a car that is only five years old? I can't be the only one whose knob is breaking and should be replaced. Quick look on their computers at salvage parts did not come up with anything either.

#2 ·
I see many on eBay, it just threads on, so you can pretty much get any one you prefer that fits.

#4 ·
It's good to know I'm not the only one with this issue on the 2012. The soft plastic on shift knob started getting loose and flaking off. The same thing is happening to my steering wheel too! The shift knob plastic finally cracked and I couldn't deal with it any more. I couldn't find a way to unscrew it, so I just ripped off the soft plastic and found there is a decent hard plastic under it. It doesn't look that bad now and i'm not getting flakes of plastic on my hand every time I touch it :).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.