Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. I know we have a few people on here that solo race regularly. I wanna make a thread about handling and whatnot improvement so we can all kinda spitball ideas to help improve our times.

I'm currently running in the 120 place area of pax and want to slowly get me and my car into the 50-75 range or better if possible.

There's a lot of info about classing that we have to pay attention to on our own and different regions run different classes so we'll have to just kinda go with what works for us in moving from one class to another through what we find others making work for them.

I'm in D street prepared because of a little clause that lumps my little turbo with the cobalt ss.

I have a trifecta tune on the cat with 245/40/18 bridgestone potenza 970s. Ive had luck with these at 40psi front and 35 rear. These are all season and will get upgraded to a summer tire sooner or later. So far I have a midpipe on the car too.
My suspension is the bilstein PSS b14 setup

I'm the future I'm going to put on the rear sway bar and upper chassis bracing in an effort to help beat out some understeer without trashing my perfectly good tires with half life remaining.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another thing I'm gonna take some time with is shaving weight of the front of the car. Not sure what all is up there to be removed, but every little bit helps. I have contemplated moving the battery to the trunk, but think going to lithium might be a better idea overall.

Anyone have ideas for that? I know I can probably find a few pounds in my center console and glove box too.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I got the front & rear top strut tower/braces & the rear lower one. it was worth it's money it was about 10 lbs w/ all blots washers. if weight is what you want to lose what model you have? I know you can make a quick clip thinky for rear speaker deack removal that's for days you race. back seat ramovel is kind of quick for race days. How is your brakes holding up? are they factory? I also am running a scan gauge 2 for monitoring my temps. I got it on the cheap used $30.75 I just looked it up. a legal racing spots should be sticky. good luck on racing.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My class won't let you pull seats out, and honestly I'd like to keep some weight over the rear at this point. Car pushes so much I'd rather lose some from the front. Not worried about the weight of the braces either as they'll do more good than 10 lbs of bad. I also can't use a carbon hood, or I would.

Our track is primarily a police driving school with good and bad surfaces mixed into it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I @ 1st did just the top front & rear. same as u stated^ then putting in the lower rear helped a lot. & that was 10 Lbs total 3 bars & bolts/nuts/washers. the speaker thing would get a few Lbs quick in out..

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I @ 1st did just the top front & rear. same as u stated^ then putting in the lower rear helped a lot. & that was 10 Lbs total 3 bars & bolts/nuts/washers. the speaker thing would get a few Lbs quick in out..

I'm not sure if that package tray counts, but I know the speakers are allowed to be removed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts