Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went ahead and plasti dipped the rest of the chrome. When it came the the front bumper cover I decided to take the bumper apart rather than spend time taping it up and worrying about peeling the dip off with the tape.

It does all come apart in case anyone was wondering.
Machine Auto part Engine Metal

The black upper and lower grill are held on with a couple screws and a bunch of clips. The chrome will come off with the grills. Once you get them off the chrome pieces are held on by additional screws and clips. After trying not to break the chrome clips, I found a very easy way to get them off that's really quick and better than using a screw driver or pick. You place your 8 fingers on the black plastic and use your thumbs to push the clips inward and out of the black piece.
Finger Hand Thumb Nail

Just thought I'd share that in case anyone wanted to attempt it and was having trouble with those clips. BTW, my Autumn Metallic Cruze looks 10x better with the trim black than chrome.

· Registered
64 Posts
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the most difficult, how hard is it to get all of the pieces out? I currently have the chrome around my grill covered with black vinyl, but I'm considering attempting this.

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd say maybe a 5. Just time consuming. If you would like i can do a full 'write up' on dissembling it with pictures since I haven't re assembled it yet.

· Registered
62 Posts
I vote full write up too. I won't have much time out on the city streets (with no garage) to get this disassembled, painted,and back together. So I just wanna know some of the stuff before I start tearing into it.

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes plz doo! Anyone done the sill chrome trim yet I'm going full murder
A lot of ppl have done the window sill trim. It's the easiest. You literally just pull it off. I have all my chrome black now.

I vote full write up too. I won't have much time out on the city streets (with no garage) to get this disassembled, painted,and back together. So I just wanna know some of the stuff before I start tearing into it.
I actually did one earlier. Here it is. Let me know if you have any questions. I've torn it apart several times now.

· Registered
8 Posts
A lot of ppl have done the window sill trim. It's the easiest. You literally just pull it off. I have all my chrome black now.
Im little scared to just pop those things off. They seem like they don't come off easy at all!??
Did you use a flathead screw driver to get them off?? did they pop back in easy?

Plz help, ive already tried taping and using newspaper to block the plastic dip spray, but that didn't turn out so well. If i can just get those **** things off it would be a breeze.

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Im little scared to just pop those things off. They seem like they don't come off easy at all!??
Did you use a flathead screw driver to get them off?? did they pop back in easy?

Plz help, ive already tried taping and using newspaper to block the plastic dip spray, but that didn't turn out so well. If i can just get those **** things off it would be a breeze.
Just grab one end and pull straight up. Then work you're way down the door. You won't brake it. It will slide right off. All doors are the same but the triangle pieces behind the back windows are glued in so you're better off taping those pieces off. Don't use a screw driver you will scratch something. When you go to put them back on you just line them up and push them back down. It's like a long upside down U shaped piece.

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

If you want I can run outside and take a picture of what I'm talking about but it's a very simple process.

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, Please! I would appreciate it.
Just grab one end and pull up.
Vehicle door Automotive exterior Hand Finger Bumper

Then work your way down the door.
Vehicle door Automotive exterior Windshield Hand Automotive window part

Here is a pic of the piece upside down. You can see the groove that it sets in against the door.
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Auto part Car

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How do the triangle pieces come off ?double sides tape or clips?
They are glued on. You can just pull them off then re apply the adhesive. I taped them off.

· Registered
53 Posts
Hey, is the bowtie split into multiple pieces when you take the front apart? As in, the chrome and yellow able to be two pieces or is it one solid piece?

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey, is the bowtie split into multiple pieces when you take the front apart? As in, the chrome and yellow able to be two pieces or is it one solid piece?
Well, if you haven't found out yet, it is two separate pieces. I have How To thread on replacing them. I deeply apologize for being a months late. Just haven't been on here in awhile.

Click 'Black Billet Bowties' in my sig for the thread.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.