Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I just got new white Cruz turbo. It was very exciting. But I found some mistake in finishing of Cruz. The painting is very rarely deposited in rear trunk (deep inside area). Some big spots (black in color) in unseen side can found on the photo. And the finishing of roof area (driver seat) is very strange to me. If you have some photos of this area in Cruz 2013-2015, please up-load it. I need to claim it to my dealer. 20150529_141420.jpg 20150604_074327.jpg please click your mouse on the image to see it clearly.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I will look at my car tomorrow. I know my trunk part don't look like yours. Is the second picture rear seat drivers side top?

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
Thin/nonexistant paint in unseen areas is normal and of no concern and will cause no problem.......and if the car wasn't white you likely would have not ever noticed.

As far as the headliner.....photo is inconclusive but the car may either need the headliner recentered and edges tucked under the trim as designed or it was cut short and will require replacement.

So, IMO, there is no reason to point out the paint issue.....there is no issue.
The headliner however, is in need of attention.

Good luck,
Rob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I sent the private message for your request. However, I put some more photos. If you need to see more parts, please let me know. Can you provide some photos for unseen parts of trunk and roof area of front window?
I will look at my car tomorrow. I know my trunk part don't look like yours. Is the second picture rear seat drivers side top?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
IMG_1392.jpg Thanks for your comment. I hope no issue about my consideration. But all car will meet some extreme environment during more than 10 years. However, I have never seen such a poor painting even in unseen part in other cars. This photo is the example from Hyundai. The thinkness of coating (silver color) is very uniform compared to my car. Very depressed.
Thin/nonexistant paint in unseen areas is normal and of no concern and will cause no problem.......and if the car wasn't white you likely would have not ever noticed.

As far as the headliner.....photo is inconclusive but the car may either need the headliner recentered and edges tucked under the trim as designed or it was cut short and will require replacement.

So, IMO, there is no reason to point out the paint issue.....there is no issue.
The headliner however, is in need of attention.

Good luck,
Rob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
20150605_065513.jpg 20150605_065616.jpg These photos shows some examples in unseen part of trunk and finishing of headliner near the rear window. You can identify the black area (first painting) and white area (car's color) in unseen part of trunk though the photo shows some color difference. Do you think my car was fullfilled some quality control procedures for a new car? Again, please click on the image to see it clearly.

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
Since the entire car was dipped in ELPO (electrically charged primer) there is no bare metal to be concerned with.
Maybe Hyundai takes additional time to program the robots to paint the area in question but the domestics don't bother and frankly, other than you, nobody even looks in those areas.
So, in this case, the paint would be termed 'production quality'.....and about the same as my other eight cars.

As I said before though, the headliner either needs to be refitted or replaced so let the dealer resolve that.

Rob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks, Robby. I want to forget the painting. Do you know the part number or part name for headliner holder (may be made of rubber?)?
Since the entire car was dipped in ELPO (electrically charged primer) there is no bare metal to be concerned with.
Maybe Hyundai takes additional time to program the robots to paint the area in question but the domestics don't bother and frankly, other than you, nobody even looks in those areas.
So, in this case, the paint would be termed 'production quality'.....and about the same as my other eight cars.

As I said before though, the headliner either needs to be refitted or replaced so let the dealer resolve that.

Rob

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
I have no part numbers but it would help if you took the photo from further away......all I see is the exposed edged but have no idea where in the interior we are discussing.....other than headliner.

Rob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
frontliner.jpg Robby, my car is not available at this moment. I got the 2011 Cruz from google and indicate the position what I meant. My photo in the first posting was taken in driver seat around the front window. front (or back around rear window) edge-line of headliner in the second image of 1st posting of this thread (or back edge-line image in 6th posting). Can you figure out my situation? Thanks again for your comments.
I have no part numbers but it would help if you took the photo from further away......all I see is the exposed edged but have no idea where in the interior we are discussing.....other than headliner.

Rob

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
That helps.....a lot.

I was of the impression you were looking at the sides above the doors.....thats why I mentioned re-centering.

Anyways, this area that you point out, the front edge (and the rear too if you about stand on your head) indeed is a raw cut.
You made me look at mine and after almost three years of windshield washing I see what you see on mine.

That being said, and looking at wifes Malibu and my Magnum, seems like everything is a raw cut nowadays.
So, unless yours is different (worse) than other Cruze's on a dealer lot I'm inclined to say there is nothing to fix.

The headliner is expensive....there are four airbags built into it.....I only mentioned that because of the part number question.

Currently, I'm inclined to recommend enjoying the car and not frett too much over the assembly processes that come with mass production......this, for the majority of the membership and public at large, has been a very good and reliable car.

Rob

·
Registered
353 Posts
I think this car is completely normal, it is a budget compact, not a Caddy. I think the Cruzes are actually pretty well put together when it comes to the interior, I feel it is much better than a Camry, my girlfriend has one and the interior just seems really cheap, thin, and slapped together compared to my new diesel Cruze. But anyway, your car looks normal, drive it and cherish it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts