Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading into changing the ATF in my cruze lately and have decided I want to try to change it every 40k or so. However I'm not mechanically savvy whatsoever and I don't think I should attempt this myself. I hear a lot of bad things about flushes and it seems to be what all places are telling me they will ONLY do and to do it or nothing at all. My main question is should I have them flush it at a local auto shop (about $140 for Dex 6). Or not trust it and have the dealer flush it, or just find a dealer that will drain and fill?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get it flushed. If you can afford it and know a shop that doesn't mind you bringing your own fluid, run AMSOIL Signature Series ATF as it shifts smoother and is guaranteed for 2x of GM's severe service interval of 45k miles.
Sounds good, so I shouldn't have to change it again until 90k or so from the change? Do you have any other recommendations on fluid changes or routine maintenance? I change my engine oil every 5k with synthetic blend other than that and what I've been recently reading about the transmission fluid flushing I don't know of any other maintenance. I don't trust my dealer when it comes to recommendations on standard maintenance. They don't really have the care or need to maintain the car or make it last like I do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.